ㅤ▬▬ 𝟑.𝟒

▬▬ 𝓣

▬▬ 𝓣.he male held her hands. They weren't smooth as they used to be, but her hands were there within his hold. It was enough to reassure him she was by his side.

He wasn't sure if his words would roll off like how he wanted to, but he better not fuck up or else he'd ruin his second chance. His last chance...

Polnareff took a deep breath and let his heart and mind take reigns from this point on.

"I know I fucked up back then. I wanted to confess to you before you would leave us, but I got scared that's why I lashed out on you last minute."

They could still remember that day. The day everything fell apart.

The L/N family had to move to the big city because of her father's job.

Since the Polnareff siblings lived in the countryside and they couldn't move to the big city with the L/N family, they had no choice but to cut ties.

However, the Polnareff siblings wanted to cherish Y/N's last day in the countryside.

Jean was about to ask her to be his girlfriend and promise to her they'd write to each other, but his emotions got the best of him.

He lashed out and started pouring out how much anger and angst he held for her, but instead of saying that pain was there because she was going to leave his side.

He said it was her fault.

"I know I promised I would be your sweetheart and I know I broke your heart. That's why I'm here to make up for it."

Ever since that day he held so much loathing for himself- no, he couldn't describe this deep feeling of suffocating in his own sins. He felt like he had sinned so much that no matter how many sacrifices he made, he would never be forgiven.

"I know that me waltzing into your life so suddenly is so sudden, but I want to make up for what I did. But it's ultimately your choice whether you want to restart with me." Polnareff ended and saw his lover's silence.

He could feel her hands becoming clammy. It felt disgusting, but he wanted to reassure he'd be by her side so he forced himself to endure it.

"I know I could have said this beforehand but I love you, flower." The stand user reminded her. He even saw the corners of her lips curl up, but returned into a straight line.

"Are you saying this so you can take advantage of my vulnerability?" The florist cautiously brought up, not wanting to get hurt again. She was so tired and scared of getting hurt that she would rather be alone.

"I can assure you, flower, that I don't love you out of sympathy or anything- What I mean is, I really love you for you." The silver-haired male reassured her while gently caressing her cheek and looking into her eyes.

The look he shot her felt so endearing. The girl even swore that she felt her heart twinge. There was this feeling that craved more touch and affection from him, and that was pushing her over the edge.

"You know I've changed, right? I'm not the same nice girl you met before..." L/N reminded him while she touched the back of his hand, not wanting his warmth to leave her cheek.

"I know you aren't the same person when we're kids, but that's natural, we have to change so we can adapt, and that's called natural selection, sweetheart." Jean reminded her; the natural selection part made her giggle.

"And despite everything, it's still you." He added, not realizing that he had pierced his lover's heart with a warm feeling.

Words could not describe what that warm feeling was, but Y/N knew that she really needed that reassurance.

A smile had settled on her face. Who knew simple words could make her smile like an idiot?

Lately, she hasn't been feeling herself. The girl felt so detached from her identity that she only saw the distorted version of herself. A distorted Y/N with many faces and many masks.

Whenever the girl asked people who she was to them, they always associated her with someone who has the similar characteristics as her. The more people she asked, the more confused and different Y/N's were created, but she knew they weren't Y/N.

They were nothing like her.

Although she didn't really know who she was as a person, Polnareff's words reassured her she was still the same. The same Y/N.

"Oh wow, you actually listened to Biology class, huh?" L/N teased him, which resulted in him rolling his eyes at her.

"Shut up and take my damn' offer, woman." Mr. Baguette hissed at her, thus letting her release her obnoxious giggles.

"If you word that properly then I might." She teased him while puffing out her cheeks at him.

Which tempted him to pinch her cheeks and force her to consent, but that wouldn't be considered consent anymore if he forces her to say it. So he pushed the idea in the back of his mind, not wanting to do it against her will.

"Can't you just answer?" The silver-haired male huffed impatiently, which made the girl's smile stretch even further.

Out of nowhere, a light bulb lit in her forehead.

The florist broke away from him and stood on a nearby bench. Polnareff followed her there. He's extremely confused, but he followed what the girl told him to do.

Jean stood right in front of her while she stood on top of the bench.

The H/C haired girl wrapped her arms around his neck, then placed her lips near his ear.

The male froze from anticipation. He did not know what was going to happen next, but he expected her lips would close in the gap between his lips.

"Maybe... I am your flower- rather Je suis ta fleur." Y/N whispered against his ear, which earned her a blushing baguette.

Jean hated the fact that the girl climbed onto a bench just to whisper that to his ear. He would have preferred her kissing his cheek or something else that had nothing to do with raising his anticipation for a kiss.

Yeah, Polnareff was really looking forward to that kiss.

▬▬ 𝕱𝐢𝐧. 𝕮𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒
---------------------------------------
♡ㅤㅤ ≡ ㅤ➭ㅤ ㅤ⌂
ᴸⁱᵏᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ ˢʰᵃʳᵉ ˢᵃᵛᵉ

🎉 Tapos mo nang basahin ang Je suis ta fleur『 ʲᵉᵃⁿ ᵖⁱᵉʳʳᵉ ᵖᵒˡⁿᵃʳᵉᶠᶠ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ 』 🎉