-Partners, just partners-

Jay was at his desk, he wished he was with his partner today, let's just say the truth because it's the 21st Century, he had a crush, or well a huge crush on his partner, he would always feel something different when he's with her after Erin leaving, he was heartbroken, he was full heartbroken, drunk, and well, the only person that helped him through the breakup was his new partner, Y/n Y/l/n, she was a very special detective to him, he was also informed that she lost her parents in a car crash, and lost her brother because he had cancer at Chicago, she was also in a mental breakdown and Jay thought, he needed to be there for her.

She was walking to her apartment and she sees her landlord being worried, she goes to him rushing, "what's wrong?" She asked worryingly, he looks at her door, it was slightly open, she opens it wider and her eyes widened even worser, "h-how, w-who?" She turns around, 

"I called your partner, he's coming," the landlord said.

 Y/n nodded, the landlord knew Jay because of the times he has helped, he also told the landlord that if anything happened to her, he had to inform Jay also. 

While he was at his desk, he saw a notification on his phone from the landlord saying that someone barged into her house, Jay instantly went to his truck and started driving to her apartment. 

Arriving, he was rushing to her, going to the elevator, it was apparently broken, so he had to go up the stairs, bad luck that she was on the fifth floor, Jay was skipping steps and reaching to the fifth floor. He opens the big door rushing to Y/n's room, reaching there, he goes inside breathing heavily seeing Y/n holding a broken picture frame with a picture inside, filled with tears, the only picture that she had of her family together because, all the other ones were gone, they were burnt by the car crash, she looks to the side seeing a worried Jay.

Her tears glistened out her eyes, "J-Jay, what am I going to do...?" She starts sobbing while Jay rushes to her pulling her in an embrace, "I l-lost my p-parents!! My b-brother!! What more do I deserve!!" She yelled and Jay brought her closer to his warmth, shushing and shushing her, that it was gonna be ok, but she kept on hitting him on his chest with her hands saying that it wasn't gonna be ok, that it wasn't already ruined. 

Jay's tears were going through also, streaming down, and touching his chin going through. After a few more minutes, like thirty minutes, she started falling asleep through all the crying, he sighs, carrying her up, and bringing her to her bed, he caresses her cheek and pecked her forehead, which was normal for both of them. He goes to her living room and sighed, "what am I going to do" putting his hands on his hips, cleaning everything up, and takes care of everything.

~A few months later~

Jay asked Y/n to be his girlfriend and she declined to say she still needed space from everything, but she did admit that she had feelings for him, she did admit that she did love him the way he loved her, but she just didn't want to get a step further to the world after already taking a million steps back. 

Y/n was walking through the night, it was snowing and she had a scarf wrapped around her neck, a warm shirt inside while being wrapped around a coat, a comfy tying coat where she can tie it in the middle, she also had some jeans and some cute boots, they were heels, so she looked pretty tall, walking through and looking up, there was an amazing view, also, there was the lights that lit up and she faced it smiling, people passing by. 

She was walking to the café where Jay confessed his love for her, she wanted to talk to Jay and tell him she was ready, so she walked inside, being greeted by a worker, she smiled sitting down on the table.