- You Saved Me -

Crawled up in the corner, still shivering from the cold. My body was all bruised by the beatings that I received from my owner. Scared that he was coming downstairs, I would pray the walls to open up for me to get sucked through.

I was hearing someone yelling at my boss. I shake my head, scared, not wanting someone to irritate him. Because he'll come downstairs, and try to hurt me, again and again, making me bruised up, again.

Still staying at the corner, I prayed to any of the gods to give me some mercy, so that I could finally be free from the shitty hellhole.

That's when I heard steps rushing down. Seeing him, I instantly tried to back away, but I was already backed up unless I wanted to pain her bruise even more.

The door slammed open, making me shriek a little bit, but I still had to keep calm. That's when he took my arm, bringing me upstairs.

It was a dirty mess, food and pills were all piled up on the table, and the couch was just junky and disgusting. You could see the milk carton molded.

"Clean this dirty mess. If the police come, you say you're my niece, you got it?" He had his hand ready to hold me because he knew I would probably run away. But when I had the chance, I instantly backed up nodding.

"I'll clean the living room and the kitchen" I leave, not letting him say anything.

Instantly, I was rushing to the kitchen, and doing the dishes. While the water was still going, all it was doing was putting me in a daze. It's been so long since I had truly been out. Heard the door bang, because we had no doorbell.

He pointed at me giving me the "don't you dare say any stupid crap or you're getting a hell of a beating" look. I kept on washing the exact same plate, not going to the next one for some reason.

"Hi, Louis? My name is Detective Halstead, I'm here with my partner, Detective Upton. We have seen you dealing with Jacob Hanning, familiar?" The guy asks.

The owner was shaking his head, acting like he never heard of that name before even though he just was on a phone call with him. I roll my eyes, the way he just kept on denying it was honestly a little pleasing.

"May we come to look inside, I'd like to talk to you for a bit" the girl detective, detective Upton. Yeah. Uncle denies it again, making a lame excuse like it's really dirty and just nasty, which is true, but still, would the cops even care, they just wanna "talk".

After a few minutes of blocking the door, they were asking if anyone else was living with jinx and that's where my acting had to start.

"Just with my niece", he points to me. I give them a small smile, more like a smile to call for help.

They walk in and start asking some really intense questions, but I didn't listen, it wasn't worth my time. I continued on washing when the man detective asked the most perfect question.

"So... how is your niece related to you?"

"Well, her father died and her mother is in a mental hospital."

"Seems like you know more information about her than you know about yourself" she gets closer.

I don't know how, but I opened the drawer, seeing the one thing that can help him. I picked up the gun and the two instantly had theirs aimed at me.

"DONT SHOOT" he yells. But the fact that I was on the verge of shooting, the click was right there for me to just easily click on. His eyes widened, seeing that I finally have power in my hands. I took a deep breath, not knowing that tears were falling.

"I was in fucking hell, I was beaten every time he had a tantrum, and I would go through the pain, worser than a bullet. And when you're locked up, I'll be laughing at you, you sickening bastard" I spit out. Throwing the gun down, the detectives arrested him.

Biting my tongue, I tried to keep in my tears. I was finally free, I wasn't under his hold anymore, I could go outside without being in fear anymore, and I could go drink some water without getting beaten. But still, I was a little guarded, so I did want to know. I looked at Detective Upton and she smiled at me, she gave me a reassuring nod, showing me that he was gone. He was truly gone.

Hi everybody, to everyone that was loyal and read my stories, I'm super sorry that I haven't posted in a really long time. I've been going through some shit so that's why, but im better and im here, and im posting a lot more. But lately, I haven't been feeling super Jay Halstead and Chicago PD, so I've been feeling like writing a real story, so, please tell me if you could give me any ideas or like what would you recommend it. And I am officially coming back don't worry!