-Confusion Pt 2-

Y/n was walking outside of her apartment, she was walking to the jewelry store in a mall, she walked inside seeing a nice ring, not expensive, but also beautiful, she looks at it and nods, she takes her wallet going to the cashier and bought the ring, putting it on her ring finger on the left hand, her plan was ready.

Y/n showed her ring finger to Jay, "I'm going to California and live with my fiancé soon to be husband, so please, let me go" she says pushing Jay's hand away, she leaves and starts going to her car, she starts driving to her older sister's house, driving to the location, she honestly needed a big sister and advice. Going to the door, she rang the doorbell, hearing footsteps, she heard the lock unlock, and it showed her older sister Natalie. "I'm so stupid..." she says and breaks down hard, "I lost him, and I couldn't do anything, I had to lie to him Nat..." she starts crying.

Natalie pats her little sister's back, "god, what should I say to him? That it was all a prank" she revealed, (sorry, lost ideas, and just finished watching some Prank ones, thought it would be funny) she was crying hard, "the prank was too painful, wasn't it?" Nat asked, "I even had the audacity to say I loved someone else" she cried out, while the older one keeps on patting her back, Nat smirked, she was gonna prank Y/n now, it was so gonna not backfire.

A few minutes ago

"She's probably gonna come to my house after pranking Jay, I'll just probably call Jay" she takes her phone out and starts dialing Jay's phone, "hey, yeah, I need you to do the same to Y/n tomorrow, because it'll probably backfire for her, and you better not mess with me Halstead" Natalie says in the phone with a threatening voice, "alright, bye Jay" Natalie ends the call and waited 15 minutes, hearing her sister ringing the doorbell, she looked through the peephole seeing her little sister crying in tears, Natalie felt bad, but she had to do what she had to do.

To the Present

Y/n was sleeping while Natalie was texting Jay making sure he was ok with the plan, the two were ready to hit the little one hard.

Next Morning

Y/n was at a call in the hospital, Nat was the same but different patient, Y/n had to do a pulse ER check on the patient, he was in so much pain, groaning and everything, Y/n had to make sure is heart was still beating though, didn't matter if it was in the wrong rhythm, too fast, too slow, she had to make sure his heart was beating, the rest, they could deal.

The patient in the end luckily survived, but the sad part was that another patient of Y/n's just died, a sweet young little baby, the girl had a very rare disease, sickness, and Y/n being the professional doctor she was, she was chosen to take care of the child, and now that the child is dead, she thinks that it's her fault, and it wasn't good. She was in too much disparity, she thinks she lost Jay, she lost a great patient who actually thought of her as the sister, but got a patient to survive. "It's our job" someone says, turning around, it was Will Halstead, he was like a brother, sweet and kind hearted man he is, "we go through so much, but I think he end of the day, there will always be more, and sometimes, we can't control" Will looks at Y/n who was just lost in her thoughts so badly, "she was just an infant, and it died without even knowing the world, but only knowing that there was a light, a room with walls, windows, there was something outside those windows, and it was the world, but that wasn't what she experienced, she only stayed at that room only, man, if only let her go outside for only 15 minutes,  it I was just so greedy" Y/n looks up while her hands were on her thighs, "you'll be fine" Will reassured, "there's worst" he added.

She was walking out of the locker room after finishing, she was walking to the station because she had to drop something off for Hank, it was the information of a patient who died easily, not the infant, but another one, and Intelligence was working on it, so she had to tell them that their victim was dead. Walking up the stairs, Trudy opens the doors and she walked inside, she saw everyone putting their eye on her, Jay didn't do it though, he was too distracted on his phone, but why? Anyways, she walked inside the office seeing Hank, "your victim, umm... she died, so I'm guessing she was your only lead?" She looked at him, he didn't want to answer, "well, I can look through fingertips as the doctor of her's, so she you be worried about what's happening, just be worried about Intelligence" she says.

Walking out, Jay was just in laughs, he saw me and his smile was instantly gone, it just felt like he just pretended to smile, to Y/n?! People were shocked, Adam and Hailey were the most shocked, how could that happen? Jay trusted and even liked, no love
Y/n, "did I really lose you?" Y/n asked herself, "did we really break?" Y/n asked, Jay looked up and shrugged, going to the locker room Y/n followed.

He was continuing to smile, she wanted to hide but she knew he would already know. "New girl already?" Y/n asked him, "why do you care? We're nothing but friends, the thing you should do right now is honestly just support me, not say that I already got whoever it is out of my way, we're not even dating-" Jay was wanting to continue but she stopped him by kissing him, "yesterday was a prank" she muttered in the kiss, "so was this" he muttered also, the two giggled and kissed.

It was thanks to the confusion between them.