1

- Quick A/N sorry! (will be on a few chapters, my apologies)

How long should I keep up the slow burn angst? I have never written a slow burn so I am not sure how many chapters is typical, keep in mind its enemies to lovers too so there has to be a few arcs that I do not want to rush.

Edit: I have another Skz ff about to come out but I need proof readers for this fic and that one, if you are interested either comment below or dm me on twitter (@leebitcore Kiara is the name on the account)

-

Jisung tapped his pencil on the wooden desk impatiently waiting for class to end. The clock seemingly slowed down the closer it got to the end of the hour. He could practically feel the boredom roll off his classmates as if it was some kind of fog filling the room.

tik tok tik tok

His teacher blabbered pointless words that went in one ear and out the other. What is the point in a lesson he'd never use again after high school? He wasn't planning on college and certainly did not need to learn how to write a paper in APA format.

High school seemed pointless in Jisung's opinion, he wanted to be a rapper. not the next Einstein. Despite this mindset, he continued to go to the old dirty building for the seemingly pointless education that happened to be required by law. 

He could thank Felix for that one. Felix was the only one who could truly convince Jisung to stick school out. It was his sophomore year, only two more years to go. He couldn't imagine being Jeongin and being a freshman still. Jisung couldn't wait to escape and he made that very clear. He mentally groaned at the thought of dealing with this for years to come. 

After school he had plans with Felix. He couldn't wait to finally see his best friend... alone. The pair never got the chance to hang out one-on-one having a, seemingly, extremely big friend group. The group looked massive to outsiders but, in reality, it was the perfect size. No one ever felt left out and they all fit in perfectly. Well, almost perfectly. 

Jisung practically levitated off his seat as soon as he heard the screech of the old school bell. He quickly packed his stuff and ran outside the school to his usual meet up spot with the group. It was a spot his group treated as sacred. It was where they all became friends and solidified they had each others backs way back during Jisung's 6th grade year.

Behind the large school building was a huge field with storm drains, ditches, and lots of trees. Their group liked this spot because they could easily hide from staff members and go explore the storm drains surrounding the school. It was their little getaway from reality during and after school. It was the only spot Jisung had never felt judged and where he finally found the meaning of family.

"Felix!" Jisung shouted seeing his blond best friend. Felix's smile grew as he turned to face Jisung. He was leaning against one of the many pine trees sat perfectly above the beginning of the ditch. 

"I have so much to tell you, did you know that Sana and-," Jisung giggled at his friend. Always the first to know and spill all the gossip around the school.

Jisung swore Felix would one day get himself into trouble with the amount of people's lives he was practically invested in. Felix was honestly lucky to have the group ready at all times to back him up. Felix couldn't fight for shit and the whole school knew it.

-

The pair made their way to a local coffee shop. It was one that they had gone to since they were kids, it was actually where they first started their bond together.