6

It was a chilly Friday night and all Minho could think about was getting coffee and pancakes from the diner. It was by far his favorite dish when it was a colder day. The pancakes reminded him of when he had a more loving childhood. His mom used to take him to the diner as a kid. She would call Felix's mom and the three of them would eat out every Thursday. It had become such a significant part of his childhood the diner felt like a second home. It was some of his only memories of feeling like a true family.

When his parents started questioning his commitment to school that all suddenly stopped. Their only care seemed to be Minho living out the future they planned for him. Graduating top in his class was their number one priority. Then they wanted him to go to a well known school, get his masters and settle down with a pretty woman with the same educational commitment, have kids and repeat. To Minho, that sounded like his own personal hell. 

They were more than less concerned about what Minho wanted. As long as he was a son to be proud of they seemed happy. It was a twisted way of showing love. Pushing him to be the best even when Minho just wanted a break.

He missed the days that his mom felt like an actual loving mother. There was a time in Minho's life he was sure his mom would have done absolutely anything for him. Back when she would tuck him in instead of degrading him until he was to exhausted to be in the same room as her he had no choice but to go to bed. Or, when he would get ice cream for getting good grades at the end of a semester instead of being shamed for eating out or having a treat when he should be focused on his studies. Anything Minho used to enjoy for achieving his parents goals had been striped away and suddenly turned to stab him.

When his parents started to question why he was single all these years and not dating girls at school it started to go from bad to worse than he had imagined. Felix was proudly out as Bisexual. It was no secret in the family or at school. He was proud and Felix's parents and siblings had no problem with it. His parents had a less positive reaction. Eventually they started questioning if Minho had "Felix's disease." as they called it. They would spend hours lecturing Minho about the importance of making his family proud and settling down with a woman and having lots of children. 

They had never been the most accepting people. Especially Minho's father who every chance he got would talk about his political beliefs with great amount of detail. His mom seemed more accepting but was overshadowed by his fathers set ways. They would go as far as try to find ways to "fix" Felix to purify their family once again. 

He was in fact Bisexual, not that his parents could ever know. They took away dance at the thought of Minho struggling in a class, he couldn't imagine if they found out he was Bi or possibly didn't want a wife. Still, that was never the reason Minho didn't date around like his friends did.

He was always cautious. His parents were the only couple in his family still together even if they shouldn't be. It was a constant fear of his that he would end up in a shitty relationship or be divorced a few times before finally settling. Most of his family were on marriage 2 or 3 and it terrified Minho. He was also terrified of being taken advantage of or being stuck with no way out of a toxic relationship. 

He grabbed a jacket and some gloves before preparing to actually walk to the diner. He hated the cold and this just happened to be one of the coldest nights of the week. He just couldn't stay at his house any longer without going crazy. It was windy and had just rained outside coating the streets with wet slippery terrain. Minho eventually braved out into the chilly air almost backing out. It was about a 5 minute walk to the diner. He knew it would suck but it was worth it.

He knew the owner would be glad to see him anyway. He hadn't been in about a week and she was surely getting worried about his lack of presence. One time he didn't go for a full month and she practically cried in joy seeing him again.