Chapter 5 - Deep Ocean Blues

Total Word Count: 4654 words.

(AN: This chapter is basically a lore dump. I recommend you read it, but if you feel the need, you can 100 percent skip this. And for those later on that going to point out inconsistency in the uniforms of some of the Nazi high command - shush, they're only face claims. I know.)

This world from what Karl could see was very similar to his own. All world history up until 1940 was the same as his own. The same evolutions of mankind, the same rise and falls of empires, the same cultures and languages and dialects. Everything seemed just about a copy of his own world. However, on May 26 1940, on the fateful day the Bismarck would have been sunk in his world, something very different and far more cataclysmic occured. The Sirens attacks.

Coming from some sort of portal in the middle of all the world's major oceans, but primarily in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, armies of the Sirens came and wreaked havoc. The navies of the world stood little to no chance against the forces of the Sirens. The Sirens had superior technology, weapons, tactics and strategy that simply outdid both the Axis and Allies and everyone in between. Not even civilian craft were spared, with several thousand being killed in attacks on various large pleasure craft all around the world. Not including the countless servicemen on countless numbers of military ships who were casualties in this invasion. An invasion which only lasted a week's time.

The battle of which the Bismarck would have sunk was interrupted by a massive armada of the Siren menace. The British ships and German ships were forced to communicate and work together to some degree to ensure the survival of both fleets. The Bismarck had survived by the skin of its teeth as it was scuttled out to France by the Prinz Eugen. The Prince of Wales and Ark Royal were also severely damaged, with a few of the other British ships in the battle - including ships like the Cossack, Zulu, Maori, and some others, were sunk.

In that week's time, humanity was pushed back to the shores. Countries like Great Britain faced famine without proper trading routes to supply them with foods. Air travel became the norm and necessity, where in 1941 the United States set up a global system of airports as a method of travel, with cargo places such as the new C-100 specifically made to be able to carry large amounts of cargo over long distances. The Luftwaffe became dominant in Europe as an arms race between Germany and the Soviet Union began.

However, it was agreed around the world that the Sirens had to be dealt with. The use of airplanes for some countries was simply too much of a liability and cost, with Europe particularly having struggles with vast oil shortages as demand rose to fuel the masses of planes required to keep some countries alive.

As such, an alliance was formed between the world powers. The United States, Great Britian, Nazi Germany, and the Soviet Union, China, Italy, and Japan created the alliance of Azur Lane. An odd mix between 'Allies' and 'Axis', with 'lane' referring to sea lanes. The intent of the alliance was to set up some sort of overseas trade route and protect it against the Sirens. After long discussions, a trade route from Brazil to Africa was picked. This particular area of the Atlantic ocean was for some reason deserted mostly from Siren Forces, who mainly surveyed deeper into the Atlantic ocean between the United States and Great Britain.

The trade route didn't exactly do much, but the Alliance somewhat eased the tensions of the nations. Somewhat. The arms race between Germany and the USSR continued, oil reserves were being argued over to no end, and the United States and Great Britain's relationship concerning oil becoming more and more tenuous as demands across the board rose.

In late 1941 a breakthrough was made. The successful capture of a small Siren frigate vessel was successfully pulled off following a long and difficult operation spanning months of planning and execution. The frigate was taken back to South America and taken up to the United States through Cuba.