Chapter 2 - Meet n' Greet

Total word count: 4234 words.

Karl slowly awoke from his slumber, his neck cracking as he looked up from his desk. The book he had been reading served as his pillow, and an outline of the materials and font of the title of the book were imprinted on his hand and arm. He was shirtless, the bruises and scrapes still lining his body. For his pants he still wore the somewhat uncomfortable white Admiral pants which he had been also tempted to strip off earlier that night but decided against it. He took a look around and realized it was still dark out.

Karl took a scan around the room but realized he didn't have a clock, so he decided to use his personal watch. He opened a drawer in his desk and took it out, getting close to check the time.

It was around 4:35 in the morning. Seeing as he normally woke up at around 5 when he was on the Bismarck, he probably woke up due to some sort of internal alarm clock.

"You're up, huh?" An extremely familiar voice called out to him. Again, he scanned the room, and found a figure in the corner. Just enough light filled into the room from the damp sunrise to make out a figure in the left corner of the room. A 6 foot figure.

"...Eichmann?" Karl asked out of the blew, his heart skipping a few beats as he did so. The figure walked forward, revealing the person he had called out to. He was right.

It was Eichmann, with pale white skin that began to indent around his cheeks. His eyes faintly glowed a dark yellow with no pupils or retinas visible. He still had his Kriegsmarine uniform on, visibly stained darker in several places, especially his foot.

"Yeah." The figure said, walking even closer. "You have the watch?"

Karl gulped and nodded. "It with my uh... uniform, I had Prinz Eugen have it washed and r-repaired." He was scared shitless but tried his best not to show it.

What he could only figure was the ghost of Eichmann nodded. "I saw her earlier. She came in and left you something. I told you she'd have bit tits."

"Y-Yeah, you did. You were uh, right in that regard."

Eichmann looked down at himself, extending his arms a bit like when you check out a new piece of clothes. "This version of me must really fuck with you, huh?"

Karl quickly nodded, sitting back down in his chair and adjusting his hair.

"Not to worry, Karl. I'm not real- not technically atleast. I live through you- or the hope you return that watch, more specifically."

"I will, Eichmann, you have my word."

"I know you will, but. Not like this, this isn't our world."

"No shit."

Eichmann chuckled, the faint glow in his eyes dimming down just slightly. "You have to return to ours to give that watch back, Karl."

"I don't know how."

"There is always a way. I'll keep an eye over you, Karl, and make sure you stay okay. A dead man can't do much."

"Apparently they can."

Eichmann shook his head. "This is the only thing I think I can do to contact you Karl. I fought tooth-and-nail to do so as well."

He rubbed his eyes, which were now a dull tannish color. "But I don't have forever.  All I have to say is that I don't trust Prinz Eugen. Now go get yourself a shipgirl date and return home."

Karl nodded and saluted him. Eichmann did so back and walked off towards the door, opening it. He looked back and nodded to Karl one last time before walking out and closing said door behind him. Karl sat back farther in his chair, adjusting his hair, his breath shaky.