Chapter 1 - Awakening

Total word count: 3241 words

Blackness was all that surrounded Karl. He felt as if he was floating, an oddly warm feeling surrounding his body, far warmer and more comftorable then the freezing cold of the Atlantic oceans.

Was he dead? Was he at the bottom of the ocean, or far far above the clouds heading to God's domain? Perhaps he was still alive? He didn't know, not yet anyways.

He made a struggle to open his eyes but couldn't, his entire body refused to heed any of his orders to move. Karl made the guess in his mind he was under some sort of sleep paralysis and had to wait for his body to natually awake. Which, he gave some time. And slowly a tingling sensation came upon his feet, allowing just barely any wiggling of his toes. Slowly, the sensation traveled up his legs, allowing him more freedom of his feet and to slightly bend his knees. Up his pelvis and abs, he could finally rotate his body. The tips of his fingers to his elbows, he could now grip. So on, and so fourth.

Karl's eyelids shook a few times as he tried again to open them. The same feelings came upon his neck and face, his tongue finally responding to his commands. Eventually, he was able to pry open his eyes, only to immediately close them again as a blinding light hit his retinas.

"Hnng..." He groaned out, his hand shakily coming up in front of him to shield his sensitive eyes. A kick came to his side and he immediately retracted from it, a terrible sharp pain jolting throughout his body. All Karl could do in retaliation was ball up his fist and clench his teeth, omitting the same groan.

"You up yet?" An unknown voice called out to him. His tingly hand shook off in front of him to dismiss whoever was there.

"Neu-Kommandant, you've been here for the last half hour."

Karl grunted and slowly attempted to sit up, a hand reaching under him towards his back to help him. "Quite the entrance you have here, Neu-Kommandant."

Karl sat, his back arched forward sort of in a fetal position, absolutely exhausted. He rubbed his face a few times and finally opened his eyes up, fixing his posture and looked up to the voice.

A female. He's seen those before. However, this one was very unusual.

She was average in height at about 5' 10" or so

She was average in height at about 5' 10" or so. Her hair was long and white, around down to her waist and was divided into two pigtails, with red bows of some sort keeping them from falling apart. Her outfits left... little to the imagination with her main garment being some odd version of a grey Greatcoat, only shortened up to her upper thigh and tightened greatly, acting more as a dress which is what he guessed it actually was and was used for. The sleeves of the dress were gone completely, leaving nearly the entire side of her upper body (and breast) awfully revealed.

Don't get him wrong, that wasn't per-say a bad thing and an honest change in hormones downstairs reflected that. Instinctively, he adjusted his legs to hide it- a skill any man has mastered.