||Chapter 6||

I let out an ear-piercing scream and doubled over barely managing to stay on my feet.

 I felt burning pain flow through my veins and my blood felt like it was burning me from the inside. It felt like I was in the middle of the sun and was just constantly getting a new wave of this burning pain every couple of seconds. 

I could see Sirius yell and try to rush over to me in my peripheral vision but he was held back. This barely registered in my mind and it was like all other sounds were muffled, like I was underwater. 

I could hear a scream, echoing like I was hearing it from one end of a long tunnel. After a minute, I realized I was the one screaming. 

I could feel hot tears flowing down my cheeks and my ears were ringing.

Just like that, the pain ended and I collapsed, my knees hitting the stone floor and my hands reaching out to hold me up. 

I could feel my chest rise and fall, over and over panting, desperately trying to get air. I could distantly feel my body shaking and trembling from the shocks of pain that were still making my body spasm.

I could hear Sirius fighting the goblins, trying to break free and run to me. They held him back.

I looked up at Ranorik my eyes red and puffy and I felt tears dripping off my face. He simply smiled his chilling grin as if he was watching for more. 

I couldn't tell how long had passed by but what felt like seconds later, a new pain shot into me like lightning. 

I tried to scream but my voice was so hoarse from the first time, nothing came out. My voice sounded distorted and broken. 

This time it felt like the cruciatus curse but a million times worse. It was awful.

It shot through my body reaching from one end to the other. It felt like a million needles were being slammed into me time and time again. 

I was dying. I couldn't breathe and I could feel my lungs contracting, struggling to get air and fighting to keep me alive. 

An agonizing few minutes later, it was over and I fell to the cold awaiting floor. I hit the stone and pressed my cheek against it, relishing the smooth cool stone against my sweating face. 

My ears were ringing and my body was twitching and spasming. I couldn't feel my hands and my legs felt weak. I tried to look at Sirius but everything was a blur of colors. 

The strangest part was that....I felt calm.

I felt empowered and I felt.....strength?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's crazy, I updated!! The school has been insane but I really hope you all like this chapter and honestly, my writing has sky rocketed and gotten so much better!!

Kat