|| Chapter 9 ||

The box opened and I could see a beautiful silver band inside. This ring was simple but elegant. It was a silver band with a deep forest green gem in the center. smaller designs and gems danced around the centered gem, creating a gorgeous finish. 

I knew this had to be Slytherin's ring. I gently took the box and slipped the ring onto my right ring finger. I closed the box and handed it back to the goblin. 

A rush flew to my head and I could feel years of knowledge flow through me and I knew spells I had never heard of and I felt like I could battle anyone, my body felt battle-ready.

My muscles itched for a fight and I could feel myself standing straighter and more defensive. My mind was running different escape routes or ways to fight the people in the room. I could feel myself psychoanalyzing everyone here and I laughed softly to myself. Of course, this is Slytherin's ring...seems like muscle memory of fighting, war knowledge, and a few other things...

My eyes met Ranorik's and I narrowed my eyes slightly. 

"You never mentioned they would do that," Assuming he knew what just happened.

"I never mentioned they did what?" He sounded puzzled, "You zoned out but nothing should have happened... is everything alright?"

"Oh, of course. It was just...just a feeling of connection," I could tell he was being truthful, he has no idea what just took place and I did not feel like exposing my new knowledge just yet, "That was Slytherin's, I know it. May I have the next?"

"Of course," Ranorik replied, still looking a bit puzzled at my response. He took the next box and handed it over. 

I opened it and the ring was a ruby red band and a shimmering red diamond rested in the center, smaller red shaded jewels adorned the edge of the ruby. Engraved on the inside of the band read, "Gryffindor".

I laughed softly and spoke aloud, "Godric has a thing for style...this must be the Gryffindor ring?"

"Yes," The goblin gave a sneer, "Much too dramatic for myself."

I smiled and gently took the ring out, sliding it onto my ring finger along with the Slytherin ring. I watched as the slowly melded together into one ring, combining themselves perfectly. 

They finished melding together and another rush flew through my head and I swayed gently.

The last time, it was a lot of knowledge and mental things. A bit of muscle memory... this was not like that.

I could feel my bones strengthening and my muscles growing. I could feel myself becoming stronger, my legs felt like I could run faster. 

My eyesight sharpened and my hears twitched, hearing the breathing of everyone in the room. I could smell a slight scent of wet dog, probably from Sirius and I could just feel my body evolving.

It seemed that Godric lofted me with enhanced senses and body power. I could recall a few spells that weren't there before but it seemed the main part of his gift was physical.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes....I am very late with this chapter, I know. I am so sorry for the wait....I am writing the next chapter literally at the same time you are reading this....assuming you are reading pretty soon after I post, lol.

I am going to link the referral image to describe the rings in the next chapter, it has all four of the house rings so you can see then, after I have described them!

As always, I hope you enjoy and any comments or questions, please! Comment!

Drink some water, much love <3