|| Chapter 8 ||

"So, what's next?" I asked, a childlike grin on my face.

     I sipped my water slowly and tried to ignore the aching all over my body. I could practically feel my body trying to recover from the pain. It would be worth it in the end, I am sure.

     "Well, the next step in claiming the inheritance would be the family rings, each of the family's from which you received an inheritance, owns a family ring and the Heir wears it as proof their are the Heir. You will be receiving many rings and you can choose to wear them all separately," The Head Goblin spoke, almost warily, "You may also choose to combine them together and wear as a single ring."

     I glanced over to Sirius, to make sure he was following along as I was, in case I needed anything explained again and I was happy to see he was listening along with me.

     "When may I accept these rings?" I questioned him, ready to be done with this and continue shopping for my supplies.

     "Whenever you would like too, Miss. Potter," He answered.

     "I would like to take the rings now, if that is alright?" I didn't want to cause any inconvenience to the goblins.

     Ranorik gave a chilling grin, per usual, and nodded, "I will have them brought from the vaults now, Mrs Potter."

     I shook my head, "None of that 'Mrs. Potter' business, please call me my given name."

     He tilted his head in acknowledgment and I thought of something.

     "Ranorik...is it possible to change my surname? I am the heir of many formidable families and I could choose the one I would like my surname to be, correct? The last name Potter is just not worthy to be my surname any longer. I do not wish to be known as the 'Chosen Ones' sister...rather Angelette Black," I looked to Sirius as I said this, wanting his allowance to take on his surname, "That is, if you will allow me to take on your surname?"

     Sirius gave me the biggest grin I had ever seen and nodded, tears in his eyes, "I would love nothing more Angel"

     I nodded, tearing up myself and looked to the goblin, "Can I do that?"

     He thought over it and nodded, "Yes, that is doable Miss. Po-" I gave him a look and he corrected himself, "Angelette. We can do that, no problem. I'll change it now in our records."

     I smiled and thanked him, watching as he waved his hand and a golden book appeared. He took a large blood red feather and looked to me, "Angelette, I will need a drop of blood to complete the change."

    I nodded and held my hand out and he gently pricked my first finger and touched the feather to my blood and started writing in the book. He finished writing and mumbled something in a language I couldn't understand and the book began to glow a bright red before fading to golden and fading away. 

     "It is done," He said, waving his hands and the book disappeared, "Welcome to Gringotts, Mrs. Angelette Black."

     I smiled and it felt like a weight was pulled off my shoulders and I could finally be proud of my name and who I was. I ran to Sirius and gave him a tight hug and whispered, "Thank you for letting me be your family."

     He held on tight and whispered back, "Thank you for choosing me to be your family, Angel."

     We let go, tears in our eyes and looked to Ranorik.

     He gave somewhat of a frightening smile and looked at the door as the door swung open, and a goblin walked in with a few boxes. He walked over to Ranoril and handed the boxes to him before bowing to Ranorik and then to me, turning on his heel and leaving, the door slamming shut behind him. 

     I looked at the boxes and smiled, knowing they were the rings. I could practically feel them pulsing with magic and somehow, I could differentiate what ring was for which family just on the aura and feel of the magic residue on the rings.

     Ranorik held the first box and opened it, turning it to face me....

||

I am so sorry for the late update, I've had a lot going on and writers block is annoying. I hope you guys enjoy!! The best friend application will end in one week, so you guys have 7 days to submit a best friend if you choose! Drink some water for me ♥️

Lilbean