Chapter 2

Crystal was walking through a warehouse, similar to the one she had encountered the day before. The warehouse had an eery feeling, giving her chills. The inside was pitch black, with no light coming in from outside. There were no windows, and no doors, making her feel trapped.

A loud noise came from behind her, like a spotlight being turned on. It made her turn around, curious to find out what the noise was. Behind her was a light shining down from the celling. Standing in it, was the man she had kidnapped the day before. He was staring at her smirking. With a smile and a small tilt of his head he said, "We've been waiting a long time for this."

Suddenly, hundreds of spotlights starting shining from the ceiling. They formed around her, each spotlight containing one of her previous victims, all staring at her.

Crystal looked around, her heart racing. Her eyes darted to each one of her previous victims, seeing what they were about to do. Her hands started to sweat as she tried to find a way out.

"It begins," her latest victim said.

Suddenly, everyone in the room slightly tilted their head to the left, not breaking their gaze. The lights turned off. Crystal's eyes darted around, trying to adjust to the new darkness. She couldn't see a thing. Her heart raced as her mind started to wander. She could only imagine where her previous victims were, and what they were planning to do.

The lights turned back on. All Crystal saw were hundreds of hands reaching out to her.

The next thing she could remember, she was in a chair. She tried to stand up, realizing that she was tied to it. She curled her fingers around the rope, trying to find a weak spot that would allow her to break it. When that didn't work, she tried to twist her hands out of their bounding. As she was trying to escape, she noticed her most recent victim standing in front of her. She knew that if he was planning on doing something to her, she wouldn't have enough time to escape. A few more people came up behind her, but she couldn't turn around enough to see them.

"You deserve this," the man said. Crystal ignored him, more focused on escaping.

As if he read her mind he said, "You can't escape. You can never escape your fate."

Crystal broke out into a sweat as she hurried to undo her bounding.

The people closed in around her. They formed a large circle around her chair, all pulling watches off of their arms. They all looked like Crystal's watch: blue, old, and broken.

Another man stepped into the light, one she didn't recognize. He had a dark robe on, with a large hood covering his face.

"You made me fall in love with you. It's time to return the favor," he said, pulling out a watch of his own. "It's time for revenge."

All the people reached over to their watches and pressed the buttons.

~~~~~

Crystal woke up with a gasp. She noticed that she had broken out into a cold sweat, and her heartbeat was faster than usual.

"It was just a dream," she thought, thankful.

After lying there for a while to calm her nerves, she decided to get on with her day.

She got out of bed, still a little shaken from her dream. As she walked over to her closet she stopped, realizing that she could gain another victim today. Her spirits lifted as she rushed to her closet. She thought of how she would look to the victim. Coming out of the darkness always seemed like the best approach, so maybe darker clothes would be better. She decided that would be a good idea and slipped on a dark red shirt, covering it with a black leather jacket. She found her darkest jeans and put them on, finishing the look with black combat boots.