BeastiesandAutomata (Sinewave and Celina: Reflection)

Celina belongs to BeastiesandAutomata

16 January, late 1890s
Sinewave heard the knock on her door as she was preparing to work on the next set of electrification plans. It may be her birthday, but there was still plenty of electrification planning to do, and anyway, Sinewave wasn't planning to do anything for her birthday. For one, she'd had plenty anyway (and her sesquicentenary was only a decade away, so she'd do something big for that), and for another, she rarely went out unless necessary right now. She was tempted to ignore the knock; the papers had made known that her birthday was coming up and she feared an influx of nosy journalists and who knew who else. And yet, the knock was familiar somehow, so she did open the door, and was pleasantly surprised to see Celina. "Thank you!" She replied upon receiving the birthday greeting from her friend. "This is certainly a surprise. Please, do come in. I shall make you some tea right away!"

16th January 2021
As Sinewave walked through her house in quiet reflection, she turned into her study, not quite sure what had motivated it. She shuffled some old papers around before coming across a copy of one of the electrical plans she had drawn up during the London electrification. This particular plan brought a certain memory to mind, however: this was the plan that she had shown her friend and saviour Celina, the day they had met, more then a century in the past. She looked over it, recalling the parts that had been done and the parts that had been blank on that day. More memories of Celina came to mind, and she found herself putting down the plan and rolling up her sleeve, examining her arm, running the fingers of her other hand over the faint scratches and slight depressions, the traces of damage that her friend had repaired. Old machines like her had plenty of stories, and every mark told one. However, instead of recalling the terrible incident that had caused these small scars, she chose to remember the companionship and the careful but skilled work that had been put into restoring her that day. And not just that day, but during the whole of the electrification, a time when she had done her best work, but had also suffered some of her greatest hardships. She recalled, too, that morning that Celina had shown up at her door and wished her a happy birthday, on this very day, all those years ago. The greeting was as clear in her mind now as it had been back then. She had thought she would spend it alone, and given what she'd been going through during that time, she would have thought it best. But no, they had spent the day together at her house; Sinewave had taught her some basics of circuitry, they'd read quietly in her library together, they had gotten into philosophical discussion, as was only a matter of time when in Sinewave's presence. It was something she had clearly needed back then.

Sinewave knew that if Celina hadn't stepped in for her when she had, Sinewave probably would not be here today, celebrating yet another birthday. Although her dear friend of many years was by now long departed, she was not forgotten; far from it. Sinewave, in spite of Celina's words long ago, would never be able to repay the debt that she owed her friend. And of course, her legacy remained. A friendship with an immortal being can transcend generations.
Celina's descendants did all of Sinewave's maintenance and repairs, even to this day.

—————————————————————

BeastiesandAutomata,
Thank you for all the amazing roleplaying we've done so far! I'm sorry my responses have been uncharacteristically slow as of late, but my eyes are better now so hopefully I should be back to my usual speed. I'm really happy that you loved the birthday response I gave you; I pretty much knew how it was going to go when I wrote it. I'm sorry it had a few typos in it in the RP book, I fixed them here though.
I can't wait to see what Celina and Sinewave get up to and how their friendship develops. Celina is a really cool and nice character! Draken and Thalmor are pretty cute too.
SinewaveSanctuary.