Haunting my past

Earlier this morning

Since the last talk with his aunt, Arlo's mind has been a mess. Even though he wanted to believe everything his aunt told him, something felt off.

So,by escorting Seraphina he hoped that he could get some of his questions answered.

As they left the dorms they saw a familiar figure a few meters ahead. Seraphina eyes suddenly darkened.

How come after so long, seeing him still hurt?

During their last fight, both of them exchanged insults, but maybe she has gone too far?

Seraphina tried to shook of those thoughts, as the raven-haired boy quickened his pace and before long, was nowhere in sight.

"You okay?" Arlo asked, trying to sound as caring as possible

"Yeah, I'm fine" she assured him.

They continued walking towards their destination, Cafe Indagato.

_______________________________________

As the duo sat on the cafe that the meeting would take place, a waitress approached them to take their order. Arlo ordered a black coffee,that as Seraphina noted, suited his personality. Seraphina ordered a mango boba tea. Suddenly, the creaking sound of the cafe's door was heard. Seraphina's eyes opened widely. Of all the people she expected to see, she was not included.

The purple haired lady's look wandered around until her eyes met her little sister.

"There you are!" she exclaimed with joy. "How much you've changed, I hardly could recognize you!" ,she continued while approaching them.

She was interrupted by Arlo.

"Excuse me,who are you?" the blonde asked

"Ah, sorry, I got too ahead of myself" she apologized, adding" I'm Seraphina's sister, Leilah and I'm the person you will be meeting today."

Arlo was suprised by her answer but judging from the angry look Seraphina had, she was telling the truth.

The akward tension between them was interrupted by the loud noise of Seraphina slamming the table.

"Why is it you?" she mumbled "After all those years, how dare you appear in front of me like this"

"Sera, you have every reason to be angry but please listen-" Leilah said calmly

"You think that you can walk back in life like nothing happe-"

Arlo grabbed Seraphina's shoulder"I don't know what happened between you two, but remember we came to make a deal and not draw any unwanted attention" he said.

Seraphina seemed to calm down temporarily.

"Intresting "Leliah thought

"I suppose you are John" she noted

"No, I'm Arlo" Arlo said weirded-out by Leilah's assumption.

"Strange, Darren assured me that, a boy named John was looking after my little sister" she said

"You know, Dr Darren?" Arlo questioned