Lost

"What the fu-"

Remi slowly opened her eyes, annoyed by the bothersome noise of the heart monitor. She narrowed her eyes across the room. She wasn't back at her place. Where was she?

"You are the hospital, in the emergencies section" Arlo announced, hoping to answer the countless questions that possibly formed inside the pinkette's head.

"How did we-?"

"Volcan was under the influence of amplifiers. She was far stronger and agile than any of us." Arlo said letting a sigh fill the empty hospital room.

"And on top of that, I learnt that Volcan was actually.....my aunt" he continued

The room fell silent. Arlo let out a shaky breath. For a moment, there was no sound.

"Oh.. I'm sorry to hear that.To be honest I was suspicious of her since our meeting, but I didn't want to trouble you. You seemed to have a lot going on"

Arlo kept looking at his own feet for a while.

What was he so hesitant to say?

"You were right, the authorities don't care about us. All they want is to ensure that order is properly maintained." he finally said

"I still can't get over the fact that I was so blind"

Remi placed her hand on Arlo's shoulder. Despite the pain she was experiencing by making the slightest readjustment, it wouldn't stop her.

A part of her wanted to make fun of him at his current state, but she couldn't. Arlo need someone to rely on. He had lost so much in those few days.

"We all were blind. Among the high-tiers of our school,only John knew about them, so don't feel like th-"

Remi stopped her sentence quickly after realising what she had totally forgot to ask the blonde about.

John and Seraphina

"How's....John and Seraphina doing?" Remi hesitantly asked

Arlo huffed disappointed "We couldn't push them back. They got Seraphina and John...has been in his room since then. He denies talking to anybody."

"I can't blame him. He definitely has it worse than both of us" he continued

Remi blankly stared at the room's walls, letting the absurd amount of information sink in.

Things turned out worse that I thought. John lost Seraphina, again.

Isn't it always like this? He just keeps getting hurt.

The amount of pain I experienced seems trivial compared to his.

So why am I just sitting here, like a coward?

She slowly made her way out if the bed. She hadn't completely healed yet and each movement she made was accompanied by an agonizing pain, like someone was continuously stabbing her.

"What are you doing?" Arlo said trying to make her sit back to her bed

"John needs us. And this time, we can do something. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend to be helpless."

Arlo scoffed at the pinkette's stubbornness. She truly was Rei's sister.

"Alright, let's go"
.

.

.

.

Location: John's dorm

I just can't win.