Is this John?

"Calm down, John" Leilah said

"I'm perfectly calm" he responded

"Seraphina is safe" Leilah assured him

"Why do you think I would even care a single bit about her?" The Raven said without skipping a single bit

"Well,for starters, you came here to save her" Leilah confidently said

Silence rose from John's side.
"Tch,you are speaking nonsense"

"Whatever you say"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John didn't say much after that. He wore his mask,and in the blink of an eye,he was gone.

"He is such an interesting kid" Leilah said cheerfully. 

Her face got unusually serious all of a sudden. She approached, Seraphina and giving her a card,she said: "I'm afraid our meeting ends here. As you saw, our organization isn't that stable at the moment,and I don't want to put you guys in danger. You are both severely injured"

She placed her hands on Sera's shoulder,adding "I'll contact you soon,I promise"

She pulled her sister in a hug,trying to enjoy the last moments with her as much as possible.

"Till next time, Sera"

"Yeah,see you then"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John sighed as he entered his room.Thankfully, he got home in time before the rain started. Elaine had offered to patch him up,but he denied her help. Although, none of the mercenaries had managed to lay a finger on him, cuts appeared across his body: I guess that's what happens when you push yourself to the limit  he thought as he walked across his dorm's hall. Where was the first aid kit again?  Oh, right,at the lower self  in the bathroom. 

Even though he was still clumsy while stitching his wounds, he managed just fine. He looked around him. Silence. His place of comfort. Although he embraced and enjoyed the prevailing silence, something was missing.

"Good morning Dude"  Blyke's words echoed across the room. That's right. That f*cker. He challenged him into a fight twice this week. Both resulted with the redhead sent to the infirmary. Why didn't he stand down?  John thought

The strongest person isn't always right you know?  He remembered saying to Seraphina.

"If someone, did this to Seraphina how would you react?"

--!John then realized

Don't tell me everything he has done so far was to protect his friends .

He shook his head in disbelief.

I was so taken away in my thoughts that  i didn't consider anything that happened after the Joker incident and how it affected everyone.Perhaps it's time for me to accept the mantle of king and the burdens that arise along with it.

The royals may have provoked him in the past. And for the longer part, he didn't forgive any of them. Even now. All of them had played a big part on his downfall, mentally and physically. But Blyke, reminded him of his younger self. "If you struggle to become more powerful, you may lose yourself in your way to the top" William said to him once.

John wouldn't let anyone repeat the mistakes his did in the past. Even if that meant helping his enemies. 

He dialed Cecile's number. The cyanette answered quite fast. 

"Hey John,what's up?"

"Cecile,there is something I want you to do for me".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Isen's help Blyke managed to reach their dorm. Isen who had been practically carrying his fellow roommate for half the road stretched his back which in return made a cracking sound.

"Dude when did you get THAT heavy?" Isen complained

"Stfu Isen" Blyke retorted "At least you didn't get beaten half to death twice this week"

"Chill,bruh. At least the day can't get any worse."

The fuming atmosphere between them got interrupted by a knocking on their door.

Isen opened the door only to be met with the angry glare of a familiar raven. Isen stared at him in terror as John made his way inside their dorm.

"What are you doing here?" Blyke hissed. John didn't yet vocalize an answer. Sitting down in a nearby chair, he signaled Isen to close the door, which he hesitantly did."F*ck we are both dead. What did we do to piss him of this time?"  Isen thought. John stood there completely silent for a while before forming a single sentence.

"I know what you are up to,Blyke" 

Blyke gave a dumbfounded look. "What is he talking about?". John eyes took a darker expression. He stood up from his seat and started walking around their hallway.

"You want to get stronger, don't you?" John said breaking the silence "To protect your friends,from threats. Threats like me"

Blyke's eyes widened without his permission. Still, he forced himself to stay calm. His intentions have already been exposed to the enemy. "I'm dead. He came  here to end it all". 

"Cecile informed me about a specific TV report. About a vigilante called Nobody. Does it ring any bells?" John asked

Blyke tried to wreck his mind for possible excuses.Anything to make John's suspicions tone down....he couldn't think of anything. It was hopeless.

"And you came here to tell me this?Is this an attempt to mock me or something?" Blyke asked, struggling to keep his calm facade. Deep down, he was scared. But he wouldn't let that faze him.

"Not my slightest intention. I came here to tell you Vaughn has ordered me to stop attacking the safe house. Considering the fact, that you have already read my files, you would know that I can't risk getting expelled again." John said maintaining his serious tone.

"Why are you telling me all of this? I could blackmail you with this info" Blyke asked

"Both of us know that you wouldn't." John said letting a small sigh escape "The only reason I told you this, is to assure you that your friends are safe from my wrath. Not that I intended to do anything to them anyways. Everything was a part of my climb to Wellston's ranks."

"Thanks, I guess" Blyke said puzzled. He couldn't process everything the person in front him just told him. Is that really John?. His words didn't resemble the person he thought he was. He seemed much....calmer and collected. 

"Also, you should both give up on vigilantism. I know about the Remi incident. Cecile filled me in about everything so far. If you need to get stronger,come train with me,both of you." he said while giving them a glare that could be interpreted as a friendly one. After his last words, he left the dorm leaving silence behind him. After a few minutes of failed attempts to process what just happened, Isen spoke.

"Dude,what the f*ck was that?"

"I have no idea"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Chapter End)