Chapter 21

The next day, Addison gathered her purse. "I'm going out with Wyatt." She said to Shane. Shane sighed, slightly angered. "I told you, he's bad news." Shane said in a low voice. Addison rolled her eyes. "Give him a break, okay? I'm just catching up with him." Addison sounded much happier to be with Wyatt than she did the day before. "Fine..." Shane responded. Addison hugged him before leaving the room, running down the stairs. She ran into Amber in the process. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?" Amber asked, amused. "Wyatt and I are going to the park." Addison explained before running out of the house. Wyatt was waiting patiently in a rental car. Addison got in the passenger seat. "Hey, Addy." Wyatt greeted. Addison looked at him. "Wyatt, I told you. I can't do this with you anymore." Wyatt smiled. "You can. You are afraid of losing me again. I won't do that to you, Addison. I know that, and you do too." Addy sighed. "Let's just go, okay?" Addy said through gritted teeth. Wyatt, without replying, hit the gas pedal and the two drove off.

The pair arrived at the park 10 minutes later. The rest of the drive was silent. Addison had felt awkward. She wanted to say something, but it might be the wrong thing to say. Plus, she knew somehow Shane'd be there to see every move. Wyatt led her to a bench by the riverside. Trees canopied them. "It's a nice place, right?" Addison asked. Wyatt looked at her and nodded. Addy sighed heavily. "Wyatt, look. If I'm being honest, I really still like you. I guess my way of escaping that is to move on. But the fact is, I haven't. And I can't ever get over you." Addison burst out. Wyatt's gaze softened. "I know you can't." He said. "But there's only one way to find out, Addy." Wyatt said. He leaned forward. Addison drew in a breath, but didn't move. Addison felt his lips touch lightly against hers. She sat still for a second, eyes closed. Then, she stopped.

Addison stood up. Wyatt opened his eyes. "Hey, at least you know." Wyatt smirked. Addison scoffed. "Shane was right. You just can't get enough of yourself, can you?!" She yelled. Wyatt stood up, taking a step back. "Whoa, I meant-" "I don't want to hear it!" Addison ran off, getting into the car. Too bad for her, that Wyatt was her drive back. He went to the car more slowly. "Addy. Come on." Wyatt pleaded. "Drive." "I just-" "I said drive." Addison growled. Wyatt could tell she hadn't lost a bit of her wolf sense. Once more, 10 minutes later they were back. Addison ran to her room, which her friends were waiting in. "Well, we know you didn't just sit there." Amber said after a few minutes. "Yeah, what's the deal with you and that handsome new guy?" Jess questioned. "Ouch!" Jess yelped, punched lightly by Vanessa. Laura touched Addy's shoulder. "We won't judge." She said. Addison swallowed, looking up. Tears welled at her eyes. The room was filled with silence. "He kissed me." Addison said quietly. The first thing all of the girls felt obliged to ask was, "did you kiss back?" "Uh- yes.. no.. maybe? Okay yeah, but it was an accident. He probably doesn't want to see me again." Addison lowered her head. Jess leaned against her friend. "But you do?" Laura asked, slightly excited. "Yes." Addison answered without hesitation.

A/N: Thank you for waiting! I kind of just didn't want to write but whatever... also Addison's a cheater....

thanks for almost 4,000 views! I really appreciate it.