Chapter 13

Wyatt glared angrily at his sister. "Do you not have something better to do?" He said, annoyed. "Oh, well not really. Except bother you." Willa smirked. Wyatt rolled his eyes and stalked out. He grabbed his coat and ran into the Forest. Without knowing where he was going, Wyatt swerved to the left. "Wyatt!" He heard a distant call. "Probably nothing." Wyatt said to himself. Wyatt heard his name being called once more, but kept running. Someone caught up to him and tapped Wyatt's shoulder. "Wait," they said, panting. Wyatt turned on the person just to see Willow. "Ah, hello." Wyatt said. "Where are you going?" Willow asked curiously. Wyatt pointed behind him. "I'm just running. You know, exercise?" Wyatt said hesitantly. Willow eyed Wyatt suspiciously. "Right, right. I just wanted to make sure that we were going out today?" She asked. Wyatt looked at the sky and realized dawn was approaching. "Oh, great. Yeah, we are." Wyatt said. "Okay, I will leave you then." Willow said. She ran back towards the Den. Wyatt leaned back on a tree. "Oh, no! Ah, I totally forgot!" He yelled to himself. Wyatt paced, thinking of a good date to have with Willow. He started a trot, following the river upstream. "Maybe I can think of something. Being by the river always helps you think." He said.

Bushes rustled behind Wyatt 15 minutes later. He jumped, glancing around everywhere. "You are so jumpy." A female voice commented. "W-who are y-you?" Wyatt stuttered. "You know who I am." She responded. Wyatt tried to recognise the voice. She stepped out and Wyatt instantly recognized her. "I can't believe this." He whispered. "Westley!" He said, hugging her tightly. Wyatt released his friend from the hug. "What are you doing back here?" He asked. "You were banned." He added. Westley sighed. "I know that, idiot. By the way, I still go by West." She said, avoiding answering the question. "Well then, West. It is great to see you." Wyatt said, smiling. "I haven't seen you this insecure since I have left. What's going on?" West urged. Wyatt gazed at the river. "My girlfriend-" West coughed. "GIRLFRIEND? Why didn't tell me?" West asked. "I didn't know you were around. Anyways, I completely forgot about our date today. I can't figure anything out." Wyatt explained.

Wyatt spent two hours talking to Westley. "I better go. Willow will be expecting me." Wyatt said. West stood up. "But- wait! I am coming with you." West said. "Umm, thanks but I think I can handle a date." Wyatt said. "No, I meant let me come back to the pack with you. Willa will let me back in, right?" West said confidently. "Yeah, about that. She is not Alpha anymore. Willow is." Wyatt said. West grinned. "She will let me." West replied. "Mhm, sure." Wyatt said. "How hard is she on the pack?" West asked promptly. Wyatt didn't answer and started walking back slowly. West followed him, walking on his heels. When they arrived at the Den Willow was waiting for Wyatt. "Hey, Wil-" Willow cut him off and glared at West. "This is Westley, but I call her West. C'mon, lets go." He said. Willow stepped in front of him. The two girls circled each other. "Where did you come from?" Willow asked. "Here, originally." West answered. "Really? And you think that you can just come back here and steal Wyatt from me?" Willow said, glaring. West tilted her head. "What do you mean? I was just catching up with him." West said, smiling. Willow narrowed her eyes. "Right, for what, 3 hours?!" Willow yelled. West blinked. "Calm down, Willow. I came here in peace. I just want to join the pack again." West said. Willow could see the desperation in her eyes. She glanced at Wyatt and he nodded. "Fine. But if you make one mistake you are out." Willow glanced at Wyatt once more. "And you're late." She remarked, walking away. Wyatt sighed. "We can hang out if you-" Wyatt cut her off. "No, thanks West. I'd rather be alone." He said, touching her shoulder before going to the den.

Hours later Willow returned with a new look on her face. West looked at her and saw hostility, but also trust, sadness, and love. Willow approached her new pack mate. "A word?" Willow asked, turning away. "Sure." West said. She followed Willow behind the den. "Why did Willa ban you?" She asked. "She didn't. Uh- Wyatt did." West stared at the mossy earth. "Why would he do that?!" Willow asked again, gasping. "I stayed out for a long time. We had a big argument but I kinda just forgave him." Westley explained. "Were you ever together, and that's what caused it?" Willow pressed. West nodded slowly. "He was always protective over me. One night I wanted to get away, so I stayed out. When I got back he was really scared, and banned me so it wouldn't happen again." West said. Willow nodded understandingly. "I wondered ever since Wyatt asked me to be his girlfriend if he trusted me." Willow said, changing the subject. "What do you mean?" West asked. "Well, he asked me a few days ago if he loved me, and I said yes. Now," Willow sighed. "I'm not sure if its true. "Are you going to break up with him?" West insisted. "I don't know. It would break his heart." Willow said. "Yeah, but I'm sure you will make the right decision." West said confidently. "Right, thanks. We should get back now." Willow said. The moon had risen to the highest point.

Wyatt shifted. He opened his eyes to slits and saw Willow sleeping beside him peacefully. Wyatt sighed softly, turning his back to her. He went back to sleep. "Wyatt!" A voice called. He recognized it. "Wynter! Wait, why are you in my dreams?" He said. "I wanted to let you know that your pack is coming together very nicely, indeed. Goodnight, now. Sleep soundly Wyatt."