Chapter 6

Wyatt blinked open his eyes. Willow was settling down beside him. Wyatt howled to her before drifting off to sleep again.

Willow awoke to the sound of birds chirping. She leaned back, Wyatt's steady breathing calming. "Wolves!" Willa howled. Willow flipped over and poked Wyatt's arm. "Get up, Wyatt! Willa is calling a pack meeting!" Wyatt scoffed but got up and exited the den. Willa paced while waiting for all of the werewolves to enter the clearing. "As you know," Willow began, "Our annual dance is coming up next week. Find your partner or go alone." Willa announced, landing perfectly as she jumped down. Wyatt scratched his head nervously and looked at Willow. She walked off into the direction of Wynter's den. Wyatt didn't understand why Willow was always running off and talking to her friends. Though, it was probably because Wyatt had no friends. Willow bounced back out of her friends den. "Hi, Wyatt!" Willow said, her tone friendly. "I... I want to ask.. ask you something.." Wyatt said nervously. Willow nodded. "What is it?" Willow asked. Wyatt scratched his arm, his claws leaving a mark. "Uh.. do you have a date for the annual Wolf Dance?" Wyatt asked. Willow's eyes softened. "No, why?" Wynter and Willa ran and stood behind the two werewolves. "Do you want to go with me? Like.. be my date?" Wyatt asked her. Willow's eyes turned a pale grey. "I would love to, Wyatt." Wyatt howled, along with Willow's friends. "but only for this, right?" Willow asked nervously. Wyatt nodded slowly. Him and Willow were not going to be a thing... unless someone else provoked it.
Zed put his chin in his hands. Eliza came up to him and rested her hand on Zed's shoulder. "Don't worry, Zed." Eliza said. "Wyatt and Ad- I mean Willow are only together for the annual Wolf Dance." Zed scoffed. "What if he has something I don't?"