Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Lissa embraced the cold wind as she trudged along the traffic. She was slightly running late for her meeting with her mother. She knew that it wouldn't get down easy with her mother as she wasn't one to wait for her daughter. She huffed and blew the hair that hang on her forehead. She made a left turn and managed to squeezed in with one of the car parks. She already could picture her mother huffing and checking her watch every five minutes; Lissa tried not to think of the consequences as she got out of her vehicle and quickly but carefully ran into the restaurant. She opened the door and the rush of air conditioning wafted into her nostrils as she inhaled the sweet smell of the food that hang around in the air.

She swung her head from side to side as she tried to catch her mother's presence. A waving hand caught her attention and she saw her mother's hand flinging in every direction as she beckoned for her to hurry up. She rushed immediately and dragged the chair that was set opposite her mother's and sat herself down. An apology was at her lips, ready to be blurted out but she was interrupted but her mother's stern voice; filled with disapproval.

"You're late" she said, with a flat voice.

"I'm sorry. I got caught in the traffic" Lissa apologized.

"Lucca rang me and he told me that you wanted to get a divorce" her mother said, sending her a disgusted look as if she found the idea inhumane. Lissa knew that her mother was not one to cut around the bush.

"What he said is right. I wanted a divorce" she said, and cleared her throat when a slight lump rose.

"You know that a divorce isn't possible!" her mother hissed, looking infuriated than Lissa had ever seen her before.

"You don't understand mother. Lucca and I had never had a real relationship; he doesn't love me! He's miserable and so am I" she outburst. Couldn't her mother see that Lucca blamed her for their unhappy marriage? The last thing that she wanted was for her husband to blame her even more than she already had.

"I don't care the faults of your marriage! This is the only thing that you already had to do and don't mess it up by asking for a damn divorce. File a divorce then your father becomes homeless; I'm sure you wouldn't want that, Melissa"

Dread gripped, she couldn't believed that her mother was using the same threat as were her husband's. She closed her eyes briefly and took a deep, shaky breath. Tears had managed to form behind her eyes. Damn hormones, she thought. Being pregnant also brought disadvantage and she was not ready to tell her mother about the news yet. Without looking at her mother, she picked up her bag and pulled out her wallet when her mother's fingers shot out and blocked her movements.

"I've already paid. You don't have to worry and just remember what I said about not getting a divorce" her mother said.

Lissa nodded limply and almost frantically ran out of the restaurant to get inside her car. As soon as she set foot into her car and managed to sit her bottom; the flooding tears ran down her cheeks. Blocking out everyone, she dropped her arms on the steering wheel, followed by her head. A strong shudder rocked her small, fragile frame and Lissa didn't care. Too miserable to even care whether her mother see her looking so vulnerable.

*

It was past midnight when Lissa returned home. Exhaustion and fatigue had gotten the best of her and as she was just getting the keys out; the door was yanked open and revealed a very tall silhouette that revealed her husband. She cried out as he hauled her out of the porch and brought her inside. It was only then that she realized that Lucca's hands were roaming around her body and he twirled her around; checking her limbs were still attached and that she was not hurt. Deep inside her thought this had been such a sweet gesture her husband had never really revealed on her but as tired as a bone that she was; she didn' have enough strength to fight nor argue him tonight.

"I'm fine, Lucca" she said in a small voice.

Only then that he was satisfied; he brought his hands on her shoulders and gave her a gentle shake. "Where the hell had you been?!" Lucca's voice sounded angry and it looked like he was ready to murder someone.

"I-I w-went and saw some p-people" Lissa stuttered. Even though, she was exhausted her voice had still came out as a croak and damn it to hell if it didn't cause her face to turn red when she stuttered.

"Who?" her husband thundered.

One thing that Lissa knew about her husband was that he could never hurt her. He had never been the man for domestic violence; but it didn't help her nerves that he had to look so scary.

"Just people"

"You better tell me now where you'd been, cara" Lucca warned.

"I went to see my mother and my doctor!" Lissa yelled, having enough of her husband's outraged. So full of it that she shrugged her husband's fingers off and started to make her way to the kitchen to get some water.

"Why did you have to see your mother, cara?" he pressed, not letting the subject go.

Lissa sighed and grabbed a glass from the cupboard. "I wanted to file for a divorce remember?"

She could just imagined him clenching his jaw as he said between gritted teeth, "A divorce is out of the subject, cara. We've already talked about this and there is no way I am giving you one. Stop being ridiculous and let it drop already."

Lissa laughed, humorlessly. "You and my other are the same exact person. Maybe you should have married her instead" the words had just managed to slip out of her lips when Lucca grabbed her upper arm and dragged her to him. They stood face to face as he murmured in a dangerous tone.

"Do not insult me, tesoro mia. Not if you're willing to pay the prize."

She swallowed, not daring to question her husband's threat. No one dared to move a muscle; neither one of them wanted to back down. The air between them seemed to change in a second. A jolting shock of electricity bypassed them as Lissa became aware of their skin contact. She looked up at her husband's eyes and was surprised to see obvious desire lurking in the corner of his eyes. She backed away and much to her relief and disappointment; Lucca released her stared everywhere but at her.

"Go to bed," he ordered and gave her a light push towards the stairs.

Without having to be told twice, she went and got ready for bed. If she wanted a divorce, then must learn how to fight off the attraction that seemed to sizzle between them. Lissa shook her head, and turned the lights off; wishing the next day would bring happiness for her.

Chapter four love! Happy reading and thank you for the immense support! Love you all <3 Unedited.
Instagram: n.shane
Twitter: nhica0117