Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"Can I borrow one of your cars?" Lissa asked her husband as she chewed her breakfast that Lucca made for her. It had been weeks after their last encounter at the bedroom and he hadn't made a move ever since which she immensely appreciated as she didn't want another confusion or get her hopes up.

Lucca gave her side-long glance and asked, "Why do you need one?"

"I've got a doctor's appointment today and I'm going to go and see Max afterwards for lunch" Max was Lissa's best friend whom she'd attended university with. Lissa could recall how Max had came to her and had asked for her name and she even thought he was interested at her that way! Funnily enough, it wasn't what he came for; it was because he wanted to be friends and she was later mistaken that Max was totally not attracted to the opposite sex but rather vice versa.

"You got an appointment today?" Lucca frowned, which was never a good sign. "Why didn't you tell me? And are you and Max going to take long?"

"I didn't think it was important to you and we'll probably take two hours,max." Lissa frowned upon Lucca's words; did he mean to be kept updated about the baby's condition and how well he or she was doing?

"You don't need one of the cars, cara" Lissa was disappointed to hear him say that, "but I'll drop you off and be there for the appointment and I'll pick you up from your lunch then we'll see what we have planned for the rest of the day' Lucca finished his breakfast and leaned down to grab her completed ones.

"But I don't want to bother you; Lucca you've got work" she tried to argue but he just waved her concern away. "Aren't you needed full day today?"

Her husband shot her a sheepish smile and said in a knowing voice, "if I didn't know better, I'd think you want me out of your way" Yes, I want you out of my way you silly man! So I can protect my heart from more heartbreak and false hope, Lissa thought, scowling slightly. Where did that thought came from exactly?

"Just lend me one and you don't have to bother dropping and picking me off" she said and started to load the dishes up. Lissa nudged Lucca out of the way and threw the dish cloth at his way and was not surprised that he caught it before it even landed on his face. The familiar sweet, lemon-y aroma of the dishwasher overcame them and Lissa relaxed as she washed and handed it to Lucca while he dried them off. It was always nice to do a bit of chores here and that and it kept her busy for most part. Occupied enough for the hurtful memories to be cast aside and forgotten for a brief minute.

"You're not going to argue with me with this, tesoro mia. I have a half-day and not really needed at the moment so I'll have my secretary not bugging me unless it's really an emergency" Lucca said after awhile. She'd only forgotten about their little argument just a minute ago and it stirred back again as her husband finished drying off. She noticed his strong, thick, tanned arms that revealed slight veins that made it looked powerful that he could snap anyone's neck no matter how fragile they looked.

"Seems I don't really have a choice," she mumbled more to herself. Lissa didn't really care if he heard her because she was abruptly staring at him as if he'd grown two horns. The thing was, Lucca was humming and she'd never heard him make any pleasant noises before. She stared, struck with awe as she listened to him humming a soft melody; not that it was familiar to her ears.

"You've got a nice voice" she whispered. "I've never heard you do that before."

Lucca turned his head and was shocked to hear that she listened. Then the expression came off and he grinned shyly, "I don't do it much" her husband's ears had gone pink and she giggled. She'd never seen ice-cold Lucca out of his wits before and caught by surprised. The sight of him blushing and was shy before brought a goofy smile to herself. It was rather nice learning about a man who barely revealed much about himself.