☆. 。.:* 1 - Prologue *:. 。.☆

A/N: Thank you so so much to anyone who is reading this story, it honestly means the world to me! Since this is my first ever fanfic don't be surprised if there are a few mess ups - Liv

(3rd Person POV)
Karl Jacobs was sat curled up in bed, airpods in, listening to his favourite songs on Spotify while trying to calm himself down. He'd just had an argument with his parents about how he had been coming home later than usual from school.

(Karl's POV)
The next song on my playlist starts to play...

Sweater Weather - The neighbourhood
----O-------------------------------------

I close my eyes and just listen to the song. Eventually I fall asleep.

★Timeskip 3 hours★

I wake up a while later, I've been asleep for about 3 hours, There's a few notifications on my phone, the first few are just random posts from instagram and twitter. Then I noticed I had a text, it was from my friend, Alex, he was inviting me and a few of our schoolmates over to his place for a sleepover, not gonna lie, it did sound really fun and I definitely wanted to go. It's a Saturday, so it wouldn't be unreasonable. "There's absolutely no way my parents are gonna let me go... well there's no harm in asking I guess". I make my way downstairs, it's only 7:35pm. "Hey, um, mom... do you think I could maybe, um, go over to Alex's for the weekend? I swear I'll come home from school on time next week... pleeeeaaase?"

"Are you serious, you think I'm just gonna let you go have fun with your friends after the way you spoke to your dad and I earlier?"

"Well I, I don't know I thought I might as well ask, just in case..."

"No, absolutely not"

*sigh* "Ok."

I wandered back upstairs, dragging my feet as I went in an effort to show how upset I was about her answer. When I reached my room, I grabbed my phone to text Alex and tell him I wasn't allowed to come. Just as I opened the chat box, an idea popped into my head. I quickly text Alex that I would be over in 15. He lived about 2 blocks down from me so I could easily get there on foot. I packed an overnight bag and locked my bedroom door, if my parents came to check up on me they would probably think I was asleep or just mad at them. I hung my bag over my left shoulder and opened up the window next to my bed, I carefully reach my arm out to grab hold of the tree branch that conveniently grows right by my window. I grasp the sturdy wood and pull myself through the window. I sit for a second, mentally applauding myself for getting to the tree without falling then proceed to slowly make my way down to the backyard below. Eventually I feel my feet touch the ground and I walk towards the back gate, avoiding the kitchen window as I go. I successfully get to the gate without being spotted and lift the wooden latch, I stealthily slip out of my garden and start jogging towards Alex's house. I am a genius!

Ok, so that was actually really fun to write! I hope you enjoyed this, tell me if you want more. I did originally intend for the sleepover to happen in this chapter but I decided I probably needed some background info first.

Have an amazing rest of your day/night you beautiful people :P

602 words