☆. 。.:* 4 - Hoodie *:. 。.☆

(Karl's POV)
I made my way down the stairs and sat on the couch while Techno searched for the others. I sat myself down next to Nick and laid back against the couch, he followed my movements and laid next to me, I felt really cozy so I slowly lowered my head onto his shoulder. He looked down at me and smiled, I blushed and fixed my gaze onto my hands that were fidgeting in my lap. After about 10 seconds, I felt Nick lay his head on mine, I smiled to myself and leaned into his touch. He was warm and he made me feel safe.

(3rd person POV)
It was about 11:00am by now and Techno had found everyone, Clay won his first round, finally, and he did not stop boasting about it. All the boys were talking amongst themselves when Karl gets a text...

Mom 💕
Time to wake up Karl, breakfast is nearly ready 🥞

"Omg, I have to go" Karl stammered

"Huh, why?" Alex asked, the confusion evident on his face

"My parents don't know I'm here and they want me downstairs for breakfast!"

"Oh, damn, ok... you better hurry then" Clay laughed

Karl throws on his clothes, grabs his bag, slings it over his shoulder and rushes towards the door
"I'LL SEE YOU GUYS ON MONDAY" he yells as the door slams shut behind him.

(Karl's POV)
"I'm so dead, I'm so dead" I mutter to myself as I leg it down the street, "If I take the shortcut down the stairwell I might just get there quick enough." Another text comes through my phone as I jump down the stairs 2 at a time.

Mom 💕
Honey are you up yet?

If I don't reply she's just gonna end up trying to barge her way into my room to wake me up herself, then I'll just end up grounded for another month... what am I supposed to say to make her leave me alone for a little longer? I decided to tell her I was getting ready, that would explain why I'm already dressed.

Karl ✨
Yea I'm up don't worry
I'm just getting dressed so don't come in I'll be down for breakfast soon :)

Mom 💕
Ok see you in a minute then. Xx

I let out a sigh of relief "ok that'll buy me enough time to get home" I mumbled to myself

★Timeskip 5 mins★

I'm back at my house in record time, as I'm creeping past the kitchen window, I hear my mother's heels clicking on the floor tiles towards me, I speed up the pace and hide as far behind the tree as I can...

"What is taking so long, he better look absolutely on point to make up for how long it takes him to get dressed"

I quietly slap a hand over my mouth to try and stifle my laughter, she's gonna be thoroughly disappointed when she gets to see what I'm wearing. Today I decided to wear my incredibly popular 'I'm in a hurry what clothes are the easiest to grab' outfit. Her shoes click-clack back into the kitchen and I begin to climb.

(3rd person POV)
Karl began the climb to his bedroom window. He carefully wedged his foot into the low down tree hollow and pushed himself upwards, he grasped the closest branch with both hands and pulled up with all his might. He sat atop said branch for a minute to catch his breath (he's not really the athletic type) and continued on his way.

(Karl's POV)
I eventually made it up to my window, it was still open from yesterday. 'Thank god' I whisper to myself. I jump straight across the gap between the tree and the ledge, landing precariously on the offset, I lower myself down and swing my legs through the opening, I landed safely on my bed and closed the window behind me. I sigh, and decide to go fix my hair in the mirror so it doesn't look like I just ran 2 blocks and climbed a tree. Not 5 seconds later and my mother strong-arms her way through the door with an impatient look on her face...

"What on earth is taking so long?" She passive-aggressively snapped at me

"Sorry, just fixing my hair, I'm coming down now" I gulped, not wanting to annoy her.

I follow her down to the kitchen and sit at the table, we're having eggs on toast. Both mom and dad thought it was strange when I only ended up finishing half of it, little did they know I'd already had breakfast somewhere else. As I was about to get up and head off back to my room, my dad asked me a question:

"Hey, Karl?"

"Yeah dad?"

"Where did you get that hoodie from? I don't think I've seen it before"

"Hmm?" I look down, in my hurry to get home in time I've picked up the wrong one. I'm currently wearing Nick's hoodie and have no answer for my parents as to where I got it from.

"Oh, um, yeah... It's Nick's, he let me borrow it the other day, um, because... I told him I thought it was cool... so uh I should probably just go text him, just to tell him... that... I, still have it" I turned on my heel and bolted up the stairs. I dived face first onto my bed, shoved my face into my pillow and made some sort of noise, it was half way between an annoyed groan and a scream... but it seemed to explain my feelings pretty well.

Hello again everyone, sorry this chapter wasn't quite as interesting as the last one. I had a really hard time coming up with a title for this one ahah, I ended up choosing it after I'd written the full chapter and even then I changed it like 5 times.

Anyway, I hope you all had an amazing day/night. Every single one of you means so much to me, tysm for reading :]
1011 words