☆. 。.:* 3 - How bout... hide and seek? *:. 。.☆

(Karl's POV)
I woke up with a yawn and rubbed my eyes, I could hear the sound of voices coming from behind me in where I'm pretty sure is the kitchen. As I adjusted to being awake, I became suddenly aware that my pillow was... wait, is it, breathing??? I stopped for a second, the morning brain fog wearing off in an instant. I remembered falling asleep, snuggled up against... Oh. My. God! My face started to heat up, I can feel myself starting to freak out but I willed myself to be quiet. Judging by the calmness of his breathing, and the fact that he's not moved away yet leads me to believe that he's still asleep (thank god for that). I began to sit up ever so slowly, dreading the taunting I was about to face from my already-wide-awake friends. I internally cringe... I bet they all saw it, Nick and I cuddled up together on the floor, surrounded by blankets, sound asleep, peaceful. As I sat up fully, just managing to not disturb Nick, I looked down at his sleeping face, he really does look peaceful when he sleeps, it's kinda- well- cute I guess. No, stop, he's just your friend, don't think about him like that it's weird. I decided I may as well get this over with and walk into the kitchen.

(3rd person POV)
Karl walked into the kitchen, he tried to act confident and unbothered by the stares but he couldn't, so instead he decided to ask them what was up...
"What do you guys want?" He says trying his hardest to sound nonchalant.
"How do you end up in a position like that" Clay responds, suppressing a laugh.
"Yeah, like what the hell happened while we were asleep" Alex adds, suggestively.
"Ugh, seriously guys it's not like that, I just got scared because of that dumb movie and Nick put his arm round me to make me feel better, ok?" Karl rolls his eyes in annoyance.

(Karl's POV)
I was just annoyed at this point, of course they would react like this. I grabbed two bowls of cereal that Alex's mom had left out for us before she went to work and wandered back the the front room. I put one of the bowls down on a small console table for Nick and sat down next to him with the other. I started eating and after a while the others decided to join me in the front room. Alex and Clay looked at me apologetically, and George looked kinda angry. I assumed George felt bad about me being teased and must have scolded Alex and Clay, I smiled over in their direction to say 'it's fine' and I mouthed a thank you to George. Techno was sat in the corner of the room, completely oblivious to everything apart from the book he was reading, I was always quite jealous of people who could just get totally lost in the books they read, I get too easily distracted by things.

I was promptly snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of Nick stirring awake beside me, I turned my head to face him as he sat up and yawned, I smiled warmly at him and he smiled back. I didn't realise we had been staring into each other eyes for a good 2 minutes until Techno coughed awkwardly and we looked up to see everyone watching us equally as awkward. My cheeks started heating up from embarrassment and I hid my face in the blanket in front of me, I decided to sneak a glance at Nick and saw him blushing more than I was while fidgeting with his hands in his lap, his eyes glued to the floor as if the patterns on the hardwood were the most interesting thing in the world.

~Timeskip 2 hrs~

(3rd person POV)
It was now around 10:15am and the boys were all lounging around in groups, Techno was still on the corner of the couch reading his books, Clay, Alex and George were on the other end showing each other funny TikToks and laughing to themselves. Nick and Karl were on the opposite side of the room on the other couch laying next to each other while upside down with their legs hanging over the back support. They weren't talking, just lying there in silence, stealing glances at each other and occasionally meeting eyes and blushing.

(Karl's POV)
I'm sat here smiling and blushing like a middle-schooler with a crush from one of those cliché teen movies. I was quite enjoying just laying here with Nick, my friends laughter sounding in my ears, it was nice. Then Alex spoke up, clearly bored of TikTok by now.