Chapter 21

Ginjima's PoV

I got to the point where we decided to meet and I noticed the Miya twins.

"Hasn't anyone come yet?", I asked them.
"Actually, up until a moment ago, Shoyo-san was here too. He went to buy some bandages for us."

'Bandages?'

I carefully analyzed the boys in front of me and sighed.

"You fought again," I said in an unquestionable voice and they looked away, saying nothing.

'Bingo...'

As I opened my mouth to continue speaking, I heard footsteps.

"I'm back!", said a cheerful voice. "Oh! Hello, Gin-senpai!"

I observed the little ginger head that had just arrived, blushing at the nickname and waving back.

He smiled at me; then he turned back to the two and said, "I have the bandages here! In the meantime we wait for the others, I will treat your wounds. But first we have to find a place to sit."

Agreeing, we opted to go to a nearby park and sent a message to the team (in case they arrive at the meeting place, without finding us) .

The two brothers sat on a bench, while Hinata began pulling medical supplies out of a plastic bag.

"Can I help you?"
"Sure, thank you!" He said, smiling broadly and making me blush again.

"Are you okay? Your face is really red..."
"D-Don't worry, I'm fine!"

I looked away shyly and suddenly felt chills down my spine, probably due to the intense glances thrown by the two idiots.

'Oh? Are they jealous?'

"Are you sure?". I nodded and, although he didn't seem very convinced, he decided to drop the conversation.
So we started treating their wounds and chatting for a while.

From my point of view, this was an opportunity to get close to him as a friend.

'It's nice to talk to him ... He is so kind and lovely. Plus it's easy to have a conversation with someone so sociable.'

Instead, it was the complete opposite for the twins.

In fact, not having the attention of the tangerine all to themselves, they began to be more and more annoyed.

(It was hard not to laugh at their expressions)

I would have liked this peaceful and pleasant moment to continue forever... Or at least for another couple of minutes... But unfortunately, everything has an end: everything was ruined by the arrival of our teammates.

Hinata went happily towards them, leaving me alone with that couple of brothers and I could not help but sigh.

'I hope that today I will have other opportunities to be able to speak freely with him, as I did just now, without others intruding. The others are so clingy that I never get the chance to be with him alone.'

(Well... Even a little while ago, actually, I wasn't exactly alone with him, as those two were there too... But at least my little crush's attention was turned exclusively to me)

Hinata's PoV

As I was talking to my teammates who had just arrived, I heard someone sigh and immediately turned around, seeing Ginjima's mood change.

'What happened? He looks a little down...'

I walked up to him and hugged him tightly, trying to comfort him for whatever is upsetting him.

"H-Hinata-san?!", he stuttered as his face turned very red.

'Wait... What if my hypothesis was correct? Maybe he's really sick... Does he have a fever?', I thought worried.

Third PoV

'I want to be hugged too...'

Suddenly the air filled with jealousy and everyone glared at Gin.

But besides jealousy, Suna was hiding another secret feeling: fear... Are you wondering why? The answer is simple: hinata's sister's orders were clear and Suna allowed someone to hug Hinata, ignoring one of the orders.

'Why am I even afraid of a kid? She's like 6 or 7 years old...', Suna tried to calm down.
'It's not like she'll find out or anything like that... Right?'

Still in a panic, Suna tried to think of a solution, but Kita preceded him.

Calmly he approached Ginjima and glared at him.

"Gin, you're really red in the face. Maybe you're sick. Do you want to go home to rest?"

Ginjima gulped in fear as the whole team snickered and mentally thanked the captain.

"I-I'm fine, really".

"Mhmm... If you say so... Hinata-san shouldn't hug him for safety. If he's sick, you could get infected".

Unaware of the captain's true intentions to get him away from Ginjima, Hinata did as told and walked a few steps back, nodding.

Fortunately, the atmosphere returned to normal and poor Gin was once again safe.

.
.
.

I forgot Ginjima in the last chapter, poor Gin D:

Sorry for not updating for about two weeks. I have a lot of interrogations and homework these days. Fortunately, I found some free time today. ( º ^ º )

I haven't checked my notifications in quite a while and now I have a lot of comments to read. I will try to read them all as soon as possible and publish as soon as I have some free time, hehe.