Chapter 9

Osamu's POV

I looked at the entrance of the cafeteria and started to count mentally. '3...2...1...'
At that exact moment a furious mix of Sangwoo and Barry bee entered the cafeteria and came closer and closer to me, clenching his fists.

I already knew that prank would spark a fight, but I don't regret it. The image of my brother screaming in fear crossed my mind and I smirked at him, as he grabbed the collar of my uniform.

"What was that for, 'Samu?!"
"I don't know what yer talking about", I said with a fake innocent smile.
"Ya know what I'm talkin' about, don't lie to me", he said, narrowing his eyes.
"Oh... Maybe yer talkin' about when ya looked like a scaredy cat".

This made him even more furious. He tried to punch me and I closed my eyes, preparing for impact, still with my smirk.

I would've earn a punch, but it's worth it because nothing beats making my brother angry.

I just hope Kita isn't watching this, 'cause I don't want to face his cold stare and his lecture later.

I waited, but his punch didn't come and left my collar. 'Huh?'

I opened my eyes and saw a little kid in front of me and the twin's hand, clenched in a fist, a few inches from the boy.

Then I looked Atsumu's eyes, which were wide open. A shocked expression was imprinted on his face.

"Are ya crazy?! I could've hurt ya, if I hadn't stopped in time!", my bro screamed.
"But you stopped, didn't you? Besides, it's better that way. If I had let someone get hurt in front of my eyes, I would never have been able to forgive myself. It would've been a thousand times better to be the one who got punched", he explained calmly, like this was the most normal thing to do.

Atsumu and I blinked repeatedly.

Our team approached us quickly and they all seemed worried, especially Riseki, Suna and Kita.

We were expecting a long lecture from Kita, saying that what we did was wrong, that we should apologize, that we could hurt someone, not fight in cafeteria and other things. So I sighed along with my twin, preparing ourselves for what would happen.

But that didn't happen. Kita didn't even look at us and walked to the guy, as if we didn't exist.

"Hinata, are you okay?!", Kita and Suna said with a voice a little higher than usual. Even though Kita still had his stoic face, it was obvious he was worried. Also... Suna didn't record the fight on video, nor did he wear his lazy expression.

"Don't worry, Kita-senpai, Suna! I'm fine", he gave them a bright smile.

'I don't know what's happening, but at least we're safe from Kita'.
As if reading my mind, Kita turned to us and gave us the coldest glare I've ever seen. A shiver ran down my spine, sweat began to fall and we gulped loudly.

'Mom, dad, we love you. Thanks for everything. See you in heaven.'

"Suna, can you take Hinata to the office? I think he still hasn't got a map of the school yet and the break is about to end. I'll 'talk' to them for a few minutes".

We turned to Suna, asking for help with pleading eyes, but he just grinned in satisfaction, like he was thinking 'you deserve it".

"Sure, Kita. Have fun talking to them and don't you dare spare them. See you at practice."

'Traitor, don't abandon us'.

The tangerine was a bit lost, as if he didn't understand what was happening, but he didn't ask questions. He just said 'see you later' and went with Suna.

Kita grabbed us by the ears and dragged us to the gym.
'Why is he so pissed off? He's showing a lot of emotion today, which is weird, and how does he know the shorty? Is he someone very important?' a lot of question came on my mind and, giving Atsumu a brief glance, I noticed an equal confused expression.

.
.
.

R. I. P. Miya twins

This chapter is entirely in Osamu' s POV, I hope you don't mind ^_^

I didn't know how to write their accent. I know their conversation was strange, gomen. 🙏🏻