Chapter 7

Third POV

When he bowed, immediately Hinata felt a big silence spread around the room. Nervous and confused, he turned his gaze to his classmates and this made him even more perplexed: all the boys and girls of the class were really red in the face.

'Do they have a fever?', Hinata thought, not understanding the situation.

However the teacher gave them an understanding look and smirked.
'Seems like I have a lot of new ships'.

"You can take a seat in front of Riseki. Riseki-San, please, raise your hand", she asked one of her students.

At the back of the class, someone raised their hand and looked at Hinata, with a spark of curiosity in his eyes.
Hinata went there and met Riseki's eyes, giving him one of his signature smiles.

"Hello Riseki-San, it's nice to meet you!"

Riseki blushed, looked away shyly and nodded slowly. "The pleasure is mine, Hinata-kun."
When he looked up again, Riseki flinched at the sight of all his classmates glancing at him.
'Lucky' they thought in unison.

After that, Hinata took place and the lesson began.

Riseki's POV

During the break, the whole class surrounded Hinata and asked him to come to the cafeteria with them to get to know him better, which he gladly accepted.

Usually I sit with my teammates, but I'm too curious to know more about him, so I decided to join them.

When he smiled at me I was a bit panicked and as always my thoughts took my mind. Fortunately I was able to composed myself and I didn't make too obvious... Or did I?

Anyway we got up and we went to the cafeteria.
We took place in one of the free tables, which wasn't far from where my teammates usually sat, but not too close either.
I noticed my friends hadn't arrived yet, so I just sat down.

We introduced ourselves to him and, one by one, started asking him some questions.

"Hina-chan~... I can call you that, right?", Sakura, one of the girls, asked. When she saw Hinata nodding shyly, she continued: "Where are you from? And what was your school?"
"I'm from Miyagi and I went to Karasuno!"
"Mhmm, I don't think I've ever heard of that school...", she mumbled to herself.
With still a bit of shyness on his gaze, his eyes began to glow a little.

'So adorable' I thought and probably all the other people at this table were thinking about the same thing.

"Now it's a little more unknown than before, but it's the school where the little giant attended! Have you ever heard of him? He is my idol, one day I will become like him, then I will pass him!"

Nobody except me and a few other guys recognized the person he was talking about and since we didn't know much about it too, we just nodded and then changed the topic.

We spent a few minutes on making other questions, like 'do you have any siblings?' or something like that.

"Do you have any hobbies, Hina-Chan?", someone asked.
"I love playing volleyball and cooking! I'm not so good at it, but I still like doing it..."
"Can we taste something made by you?", Haru, being the president of the cooking club, asked with an excited tone.
"Sure, I don't mind", he replied with a low and embarrassed voice.

He took the homemade bento and offered us some. We all took a small portion and tasted it.
All of us shared a look and we started eating faster to get as much as possible before it ran out.
'So... This is what we call Heaven...' I thought with an ecstatic expression. Coming back to me then I thought 'I would eat it all day... and he said he isn't that good at cooking?!'

I looked at the others and saw that they had the same expression as me. In particular Haru's eyes began to shine, he took Hinata's hand and said determinedly: "Join the cooking club, please. I would be honored to have such a talent in my club!"

He blushed and scratched his head. "A-ah, sorry, Haru. I have already decided to join the volleyball club"
"Oh..". He just said, clearly disappointed, but he respected his decision and gave up (for now).

On the other hand, I don't know why, but I was very happy to hear he'll join my club. A little smile spread across my lips, but I quickly hid it when I saw the jealous glares directed to me.

"Do you play volleyball?", Sakura asked curiously.
"Yeah! But for now I'll be just a manager. I can't play becaus-", he interrupted himself seeing someone behind me.

I turned to see...

.
.
.

This chapter is a bit longer, I hope you won't mind.

Finally in the next chapter, Hinata will meet the twins. ✨

I also hope that this chapter isn't too boring or too monotonous. I'll try to do better in the next part. 🙏🏻