5 Monster Movie: Part 2

Once we got to a bar in town, we walked in to find Dean and who I figured was Jamie sitting at a booth drinking whiskey.

"Hey. You guys all right?" Sam asked.

Jamie gave me a strange look.

I waved at her. "Maddison."

She looked confused but didn't question it.

Dean nodded. "I think I know what's going on." He put a folded-up towel on the table.

"Yeah?" Sam asked.

Dean nodded. "Part of it, at least."

Sam opened the towel and revealed a gelatinous piece of flesh with a human ear attached to it. "Uh, the ear part?"

I frowned at how nasty it was.

"Ripped it off of Dracula's head." Dean pointed to it. "Touch it."

Sam and I both touched it and groaned.

"Feel familiar to you?" Dean asked.

"Shapeshifter?" I asked.

Dean nodded. "Just like St. Louis and just like Milwaukee. Of course, this one's all holding buckets of crazy. Oh, and, uh..." He pulled a medallion out of his pocket and handed it to Sam. "This, I uh, pulled it off during the fight. Look at the label on the ribbon."

Sam flipped it over and read the back. "It's a costume rental."

Dean nodded. "All three monsters... the Dracula, Wolf Man, and the Mummy... all the same critter, which means we need to catch this freak before he Creature from the Black Lagoon's, somebody."

Jamie furrowed her brow and pointed at Sam and Dean. "So, you guys are like Mulder and Scully or something, and The X-Files are real?"

Dean shook his head. "No, The X-Files is a TV show. This is real."

Jamie's eyes widened. "Oh."

"Okay, so, the stagecraft, the costuming... it's like he's trying to re-enact his favorite monster movie moments, right down to the bloody murders," Sam said.

"Wait a second. Who the hell is Mina?" Jamie asked.

"Mina?" Sam asked.

Dean nodded. "Yeah. That's what he called Jamie. And he called me Mr. Harker."

A moment of realization hit me. "Oh, in the movie, Mina is who Dracula wanted to marry."

Sam nodded. "Yeah, and Jonathan Harker was her fiancé that stood in the way. Seems like he's fixating on you like he sees you as his bride."

"Wow. Lucky me," Jamie said sarcastically.

"But to fixate on you, my guess is that the shifter has to have seen you before or been around you," Sam said.

"Jamie, has anybody strange come to town, somebody that has taken a specific notice of you?" Dean asked.

Jamie shrugged. "I don't know, Dean. It's Oktoberfest. I'm a bartender. There's lots of people. I—" She thought for a second. "Wait a second. There is Ed."

"Ed Brewer, Ed?" Sam asked.

Jamie nodded. "Yeah. He moved here about a month ago. Lucy swears he has a crush on me. He comes in almost every night. But, you know, I don't think he's the type of guy—"

"Where does Ed live?" Dean asked.

Jamie shook her head. "I don't know. But he works at the old movie theater. I think he's the projectionist there."