12 After School Special: Part 3

After a while, I told Claire I needed to use the bathroom and got out of there. I was more than happy to leave, after being constantly nudged and hit from Emma and her boyfriend making out and watching the ungodly cheesy anger management videos.

I walked out of the room and found Sam and Dean whispering to each other over an EMF meter in the hallway.

"Hey... what are you guys doing?" I whispered as I walked up to them.

"You shouldn't be around us," Dean whispered back.

I shrugged. "It's fine. The assembly is still going. I snuck out."

"How is it anyway?" Sam asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Awful. Did you guys find anything out about that black stuff?"

Dean nodded. "It was ectoplasm."

Sam nodded. "Which only comes from a seriously pissed off spirit. It's got to be ghost possession."

"Yeah, but that's pretty rare," Dean said.

Sam nodded. "Yeah, but it happens. I mean, they get angry enough, they can take control of a person's body."

"All right, so, what? We got a ghost in the building?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, but where? I mean, there's no EMF. Maybe we could find out who it is, at least. You know, check and see if somebody died bloody around here or something," Sam said.

Dean shook his head. "Way ahead of you. I had to break into the principal's office to get this." He held up a file. "Oh, and FYI, three of the cheerleaders are legal. Guess which ones."

I smacked Dean. "Stop."

Dean sighed and unfolded a paper he pulled out of his pocket. "So, there was only one death on campus. It was a suicide back in '98. Some kid named Barry Cook."

Sam sighed sadly.

"What?" Dean asked.

Sam shrugged. "I knew him. How did he die?"

"He slit his wrists in the first-floor girls' bathroom," Dean said.

Sam raised his eyebrows. "That's where—"

Dean nodded. "Right where the chick got swirlied to death, exactly. So, what? This ghost is possessing nerds?"

Sam nodded. "And using them to go after bullies, yeah."

"Well, does that sound like Barry's MO?" Dean asked.

Sam shrugged, looking unsure. "Barry had a hard time."

"Okay, you guys get on that. I, unfortunately, have to go back to the assembly," I said.

"Have fun with that," Dean said, and then he and Sam turned back to each other.

As I walked back to the assembly, people started coming out, and Claire and Emma came up to me.

"You were in the bathroom for a long time," Claire said, "Are you okay?"

"What?" I asked. "Oh, yeah, I was just fixing my hair."

Emma rolled her eyes. "You're not like Claire, are you? I told her she isn't even that fat."

"Stop..." Claire said, looking down, ashamed.

Emma shrugged. "You do it to yourself."

Claire looked up at Emma and then stormed away.

"Wow, that was really nice of you," I said sarcastically.

Emma shrugged. "She needs tough love. She's going to end up hurting herself."