8 Wishful Thinking: Part 1

November 3rd - November 5th, 2008

We sat at some chain restaurant with an overly enthusiastic waiter, while Dean downed shots and Sam questioned him about his time in Hell.

Sam shook his head. "It just doesn't make any sense, Dean. I mean, why would Uriel tell us you remembered Hell if you didn't?"

"Maybe because he's a dick. Might have something to do with it," Dean said and then slammed another shot.

"Maybe, but he's still an angel," Sam said.

Dean nodded. "Yeah, an angel who was ready to level an entire town. Look, I don't know what—"

Our overly cheerful waiter walked up to our table. "Radical. What else can I get you guys?"

"Uh, I think we're good," Sam said quickly.

The waiter smiled. "Yeah?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah."

"You want to try a couple of fryer bombs? Or a chipotle chili changa?" the waiter asked in a sickly-sweet voice.

Dean shook his head. "No, no, we're— we're still good."

"Okay, awesome." The waiter nodded with a smile and then walked off again.

"Sam, honestly, I have no idea why Uriel told you what he did, okay," Dean said and took another shot.

"Right." Sam scoffed.

"What?" Dean asked.

"Okay. Fine. Then look me in the eye and tell me you don't remember a thing from your time down under," Sam said.

Dean rolled his eyes and then looked into Sam's. "I don't remember a thing from my time down under."

Sam scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"I don't remember, Sam!" Dean retorted.

"Okay, can we stop with the third degree? We don't need to fight about this," I said.

Dean nodded and looked at Sam, who just sighed.

"Look, Dean..." Sam said quietly, "I just want to help."

"You know everything I do. Okay?" Dean asked. "That's all there is."

"Outstanding. Dessert time?" Our waiter walked back over with a smile. "Huh? Am I right?" He looked directly at me, but I just shrugged.

"Dude," Dean said, annoyed.

Our waiter leaned down onto the table. "Listen, bros. You have got to try our ice cream extreme. It's extreme."

Sam shook his head. "Uh, no extremities, please. Just the—"

"Check?" The waiter placed our check down on the table with a huge smile. "All right, awesome." He walked away.

Sam nodded. "Thanks."

Dean took a deep breath and rolled his eyes. "All right, so, where do we go from here?"

Sam shook his head and pulled out his laptop. "I'm not sure. Uh, looks like it's been pretty quiet lately. No signs of demon activity, no omens or portents I can see."

Dean nodded. "That's good news for once."

Sam nodded. "Yeah, just the typical smattering of crank UFO sightings and one possible vengeful spirit. Here, check this out." He handed Dean his laptop, and I looked at it next to him. "Uh... up in Concrete, Washington, eyewitness reports of a ghost that's been haunting the showers of a women's health facility. The victim claims that the ghost threw her down a flight of stairs." He nodded and smirked. "I can see you're very interested."