6 ~ Never Let Me Down Again

Five days later, November 3rd, the arena:

"Tonight's the night!" Juli said excitedly as the wandered the backstage area and dressing rooms with Poppi on her hip. "You excited to see Papa and Daddy onstage tonight, girlie?" She bounced the infant lightly, making her giggle.

"Wah!" Poppi replied with a high pitch, wriggling within her aunt's grasp.

"Me too!" She pretended to understand her niece's babbling. "It's nice to have you on the outside this time, too. Last time, you were all cozy on the inside. There aren't many girls here; you gotta stick with me, okay?"

"Mhmmm,"

"Just the answer I was looking for. Now, let's go find your Papa and Daddy."
~~~~~
Their rooms situated just next door to one another, Alan got himself ready as fast as he could so that there would be time remaining to see Martin and Poppi prior to the concert.

"Oh come on," He grumbled to himself, applying copious amounts of gel to his hair. "I don't have time tonight, hair!"

In the room opposite, Martin's assigned makeup artist from the previous tour worked quickly but effectively on his face.

"Can't believe we're doing this all over again!" She giggled, stemming a conversation.

"It's pretty insane stuff. The Black Celebration tour feels like just yesterday." Martin added, reminiscing on the previous tour. "It's flabbergasting thinking about how I was super pregnant this time last year and now Poppi's turning one in a few days."

"Ahh, she is, isn't she!" The makeup artist raised her tone. "A big milestone, a first birthday. Got any nice plans?"

"We're hoping to host just a small party for her, more like a get-together with friends and family, if I'm honest. Oh, and of course it'll be monkey themed." He explained, closing his eyes to have his eyeliner done.

"Sounds darling! I'm sure she'll love that, especially if there's monkeys involved."

Sharing a laugh between themselves, there soon came a knock at Martin's dressing room door, its rhythm purposely familiarised.

"I think we both know who that is,"

"Oh yeah,"

"In you come, Al!" She winked.

From behind the door, Alan twisted the handle and opened it, sliding himself through the doorframe.

"Evening,"

"Evening!" Martin welcomed him, looking and smiling at him through his lighted mirror.

"You look amazing, but that's nothing new." Alan sat down beside him and the two quickly pecked each other's lips.

"Oh stop it," Martin blushed.

"Never." Alan shot him a smirk.

Whilst the makeup artist made some final touches on Martin, he spoke with his partner, making multiple topic changes.

"Where's our Poppi?" He asked.

"I think she's with Juli at the moment," Martin nodded. "Just going around, doing girly things."

"I bet Juli's already teaching her how to nag,"

"Hah, most likely."
~~~~~
"Want Papa Daddy," Poppi rubbed her eyes, ever so slightly distressed.

"I know you do, gorgeous." Juli rubbed her head as to comfort her. "Daddy's dressing room is empty; I wonder where he could've gotten off to. Let's check Papa's."