Café Hours

Leafy's POV:

Man, working 9-5 sure is a pain in the butt. But luckily, my friends are here as well. I have 2 friends that help work for me. It is Pin and Golf Ball.

They're amazing. Pin actually owns the Café because she is super talented at baking and has actually won $5,000 at a baking competition! How great is that?

Anyways, I was cleaning one of the tables until a customer comes in. Golf Ball was busy washing some dishes while Pin is making the desserts.

So, I usually spend most of my hours up at the front. I walk to the counter and saw a guy that looked.. pretty charming. But, I didn't think too much of it.

"Hello, welcome to Objects Deli Café! How may I help you?" I greeted. Also, yes, the Café was called "Objects Deli Café."

"Hello. I was here to pick up a delivery for a Lava Fudge Cake." The man smiled. I went in the back and called out to Pin, "Pin! Did someone order the Lava Fudge Cake!?"

"Oh no! I forgot about it! Tell the customer it'll be right out!" Pin called out in a worried tone.

I sighed, it's nothing new really. Pin is the only baker around and she has a lot of recipes to do. Of course, she would forget about one order.

I walked back to the guy, "I'm sorry. It's not done yet. Is it okay if you wait a little longer, sir?" I asked in a worried manner.

"Oh, no worries. I have all day." The guy smiled.

I didn't want it to make it awkward anymore so I decided to ask what his name was. "So.. what's your name?"

The guy looked at me and smiled, "Firey, Firey Flame." Firey answered.

I kind of blushed at him and smiled. "That's a nice name." I smiled.

"Thanks. What's yours?" Firey asked. "Leafy! Leafy Lemon." I smiled.

"That's a beautiful name. Beautiful like a girl like you." I blushed at his words. But, I just thought he was complimenting me. "Heh.. Thanks!" I smiled.

Pin came out from the back holding a box. "I'm so sorry for the wait. Here's your Lava Fudge Cake!" Pin said as she handed him to Firey.

"Oh, thank you." Firey said as he took his hands out from his jacket pockets and reached for the box. He took the box and Pin smiled, "Have a great day, sir. Sorry for the wait again." Pin apologized.

"No worries, your little worker helped me be entertained while I waited." Firey smiled. He was talking about me, which made me blush even more.

"Oh, I'm glad." Pin sighed in relief.

"Well, I gotta get going now." Firey said as he looked at his phone to check the time. "Okay then, Bye! Come again next time!" I said as he walked away and opened the door.

"I will, Leafy." Firey turned and smiled at me before leaving.

I blushed a bit more, but I can't just fall in love with a customer. I barely even know him!

"So.. is that another one of your lovers?" Pin asked very sophisticated.

"What! No! I can't just fall in love with a customer immediately." I panicked.

Pin started laughing, "I'm kidding, Leafster." Pin said as she went in the back. Sometimes I wonder how I'm even friends with her.

[ • Later • ]

It was closing hours and I was currently changing out of my maid outfit. Usually wearing these makes me uncomfortable and embarrassed but the more I worked while wearing it, I usually just got used to it. I got out of the changing room and I took my book bag off the counter, put it on my back, and started to walk towards the exit.