A New Change

🌱 Leafy's POV: 🌱

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of rain pouring outside. Very heavily. I tiredly woke up and glanced outside of my window. Is it even morning..?

I looked at my phone and noticed I received a notification from my school. I read the message, "Dear students,

Sadly, School will be closing due to long harsh weather. School will probably be opened tomorrow hopefully. If you have any questions or remarks, call the school premise. Thank you and stay safe.

- Your Principal, Mr. 2."

Finally, a day without school getting in the way.

...

Wait, but, what about the Café-? I quickly dialed Pin and put the phone next to my ear.

"Hello..?" Someone responded, in a tired monotone voice.

...That wasn't Pin's voice through the phone nor did the voice sound.. kind of familiar.

"Uh- Who is this-? And where's Pin?" I asked, quite nervously.

I heard chuckling, "It's me, Coiny." Coiny answered. "O-Oh! Sorry.. I thought you were like a kidnapper or something." I chuckled.

"Pfft.. wow, thanks, Leafy." Coiny chuckled sarcastically.

"Where's Pin? And what are you even doing picking up her phone?" I asked again. "Pin's sleeping beside me and her phone was ringing." He explained.

"Ah. Well, I was gonna ask her if we're gonna be working today since.. well, school is closed and all." I explained.

"I'm not completely sure. I'll ask Pin." He said. "Wait, wait, wait, wait- don't wake her up- you can tell me after she wakes up." I remarked.

"You sure?" He asked. "Mhm." I hummed in agreement.

"Alright." He replied.

"Talk to you later, Coiny. Bye." I said before I hang up. I got up from my bed, stretched, and walked to the bathroom.

~ Later ~

After I was done, I noticed Firey wasn't up yet. I approached outside of the guest room door and stealthily cracked opened his door.

...

He wasn't in there. Where is he? I opened the door widely and glanced around the room.

Nothing.

He wasn't in here. All his stuff was still here though...

I started getting a little concerned and tried to find him. "Firey?" I called out in a loud voice.

I walked around the house as I continued searching for him.

I couldn't find him.

A few minutes past and he wasn't anywhere. That's.. strange...

"Maybe he's out right now." I murmured to myself. I looked down at the bracelet that Firey made me.

I admired it for a little while and sighed.

"Maybe I'm a little obsessive.. it's just a bracelet, snap out of it Leafy.." I spoke to myself.

....