|| A New Face ||

You shut your book loudly with an irritated sigh, pouting as you leaned back into the soft couch cushions that supported you. You had just finished your book - and you were not happy.

It isn't that the book is BAD, per say, quite the opposite actually. You loved the book so much you were extremely depressed now that it's done.

You stood up, rushing to your room. You had a few books stored by your bed, but you wanted to see if there was anything interesting to read.

Pounding footsteps echoed through the hallway as you reached your door, opening it before walking in.

Your least favorite goopy skeleton sat on his bed scrolling through his phone as you entered. He looked up at you.

"hey."

You, of course, didn't acknowledge his existence and continued on your way as you rummaged through cluttered bins of your things as you checked the titles of each book.

Nightmare, clearly dissatisfied with your reaction, sat up.

"hellooo?"

You continued to ignore him, grumbling angrily to yourself once you realized there was nothing left to read.

Tossing a book angrily back into an organized bin (a cluttered cardboard box), you stood back up and then pulled out your phone, searching for the nearest book store.

A long, goopy tentacle snatched your phone out of your hands. You turned around, face to face with Asshole (Noodle doodle) who was now reading your phone.

"Hey, give that back!!" You stumbled forward, grabbing it right back with a YOINKKKKKKK.

"why do you need to go to a bookstore?" he tilted his head.

"None of your business, back off please." You replaced your phone back into your pocket, exiting the room, a curious Nightmare following behind you.

"we're roommates. your business is my business." He trailed behind you.

"I beg to differ," you scoffed, reaching the front door as you grab your coat, slipping it over your shoulders.

"either way, i'm coming with you."

"No, you aren't." You whacked him across the back of his skull.

"wha- ow! that was uncalled for." He shouted, rubbing the spot that was hit.

"GO AWAY!" You slammed the door behind you, angrily sighing as you left the house, leaving a confused and shaken Nightmare to stare blankly at the door.

He took a few moments to process what was happening, and he snapped out of his thoughts as Horror walked in, a cookie in hand.

"uh.... boss?"

"oh, uh, what do you want." Nightmare turned around, glaring at Horror.

"errr..... nothing." Horror stepped away cautiously.

Nightmare sighed, internally smacking himself. He shoved his skeletal hands in his pockets, as he walked back to the room.

~~~

Horror stepped into the living room, plopping down onto a couch. A few others sat there, all doing their own thing. Lust and Fell glared at each other from across the room, like always.

Lust looked up as Horror entered. "Hey, where's (Y/n)?"

Horror took a bite of his cookie. "Uh, she left for the book store i believe."

Fell and Lust quickly looked at each other, before simultaneously lunging across the room towards one another.

Dance pulled his hood up, rolling his eyelights as he left the room, staring at his phone. Horror took another bite of his cookie, watching the two with interest.

Ever since the holidays, those two have been attacking each other whenever (Y/n) wasn't looking. Horror figured it probably had something to do with their crushes on (Y/n), which were pretty obvious.

Pretty much everyone knew the two of them liked (Y/n), but nobody mentioned it. Dust teased Fell about it once, but everyone around got pretty irritated at the mention of it.

Horror didn't know why, but the thought of them having an infatuation with her made him a bit....

...uneasy.

It just gave him a strange, unfamiliar feeling. Like a sickening weight in the bottom of his stomach.

Horror didn't like that feeling.

There were some feelings he did like though. There was this one other feeling he didn't know the word for. It isn't easily described.

His heart fluttered and pounded, like a strange form of arrhythmia. His face warmed up, radiating more heat than the summer sun. His mind was a mess, and he only really knew how to follow what his emotions were telling him to do. He could never think straight.

He only felt that around (Y/n).

..Maybe the others did too? Maybe that's why Lust and Fell loathed each other? The feeling wasn't necessarily bad, maybe both of them saw each other as enemies who would steal that strange emotion away from them?

Horror blinked, taking the final bite of his cookie as he watched Lust and Fell attack each other.

Maybe.

~~~

Nightmare walked down the hallway, his footsteps echoing where it was otherwise silent. Distant chattering could be heard from one part of the house, whereas he heard muffled shouting from the living room.

Tch.

He quite disliked this place, being completely honest. Too many people. 12 other sanses, many of them being goody-two-shoes, were too obnoxious. He of course had the morons here with him, but they all seemed preoccupied.

He remembered when they had first disappeared out of nowhere. Nightmare wasn't sure what to think. He had Killer, Cross, and everything... But there were a lot of them missing.

Then of course, you had Dream. Worst of them all. Quite stupid, actually.

Bringing positivity everywhere he went, always being the favorite. Everyone adored his sunny demeanor and sparkling eyes.

Nightmare shook Dream off of his thoughts - he wasn't going to waste his time thinking about that degenerate.

Then of course, you had (Y/n), the human girl.

She was pretty interesting. Not really her, exactly, but the effect she had on the rest of the skeletons was intriguing, to say the least. Their eagerness to be by her side and their protectiveness of her. Their selfishness, of wanting to keep her all to themselves.

He let out a small chuckle at that. What idiots.

~~~

Blue, Ink, Dream, Classic, Error and Dust sat in the living room. The first three huddles together on a couch, Blue instructing them on how to fold a paper crane. Error and Dust sat on the other couches, doing their own things. Classic was napping in a chair.

They all stopped when a loud creak! interrupted them.

In walked (Y/n). But . . . wait a minute...!

"Hey guys? This is Cassidy." You smiled, as you introduced her.

Cassidy, a shy girl with blonde hair, green eyes, and a sweet demeanor stepped in behind you. She waved timidly at the group, smiling. "H-Hi..."