|| Dancing In The Rain... ...Again ||

-insert spaghetti here bc jello asked me to-

Dance eyed her from a distance.

She was dancing incredibly sloppily, but he recognized the song.

And she WAS having fun.

Either way, he continued to gaze at her as she twirled around laughing in the wide field. He found himself smiling for some reason. He didn't know why, but seeing her so happy and comfortable filled him with joy.

He frowned, as he questioned what he was thinking. He hardly knew her! They had probably nodded at each other... once.

So why did he want to know her more?

He shook his head, looking back up to watch her cha-cha slide childishly by herself.

Before he had known it, he was doing the cha-cha slide himself. Of course, like any good dancer, he had it memorized by heart.

As he spun in synchronization to her without her even knowing, he began to enjoy himself. That, considering his circumstances, was a rare sight nowadays.

Dance allowed himself a small smile, and then began to speak the lines out with her.

That was, of course, without him noticing she had stopped and was now staring at him in perplexity.

It took him a few moments to realize it, before he looked up at her, stopping in his tracks.

Her bright, (e/c) eyes stared back at him in confusion, and her (h/c) hair was now slicked down onto her head from the rain.

"Um..... Hi..?" she spoke with uncertainty.

"uh... sorry. didn't mean to interrupt you." Dance awkwardly pulled the hood up higher onto his face.

"Oh, what? No! You're totally fine." She laughed, and Dance's heart fluttered. "Wanna... Maybe, dance with me? i figured since that's your name you probably danced anyways. All I can do is uh..... cha-cha slide, if you didn't notice-" She giggled awkwardly, and Dance couldn't contain the deep blue spreading across his face.

"uhh.. yeah, sure." Dance calmed himself silently, praying she wouldn't notice the deep blush he had, that he wasn't sure the cause of.

"Erm, hey. Are you doing alright? Your face looks really flushed." Her brows upturned slightly in a way Dance couldn't help but find absolutely adorable, but he had more pressing matters to worry about at the moment.

"oh, yeah. it's.. it's probably the rain, i think i caught a cold.. -coughs-" 

"Did... Did you just say '-coughs-'...?"

"uh.... maybe?" 

"....erm, ok," she laughed awkwardly. "Anyways, here, take a headphone. They're bluetooth."

"oh, nice." He happily took a headphone from her.

They found themselves playfully dancing in a field, on a cold, rainy night. The moon was their only source of light, casting shadows on the ground and dewy highlights on the grass.

Dance could have been sleeping. He definitely loves his sleep, and he was only awake because the girl had woken him up.

But, personally,

He wouldn't have it any other way.

*****

cha cha real smooth