|| Dancing In The Rain ||

(a/n): wOOOOOO finally the last sans i have to write before they're all friends with y/n!! gosh this has been a while hasn't it?? just saying, you might wanna keep an eye out for a new chapter on christmas day U-U

anyways, down to business. Before we start, just letting you all know that the first week of January I'm taking a writing break for a bit and then returning to my normal schedule of uploads every friday/saturday!

ANYWAYS, ONTO THE STORY! :D

You groaned.

You couldn't sleep.

The entire night and the past few hours had been spent with you endlessly tossing and turning, attempting to close your eyes and just wake up the next morning to sunshine and a bowl of fruit loops.

Alas, this didn't work, as you didn't feel any sleepier in the passing minutes.

Giving up trying to sleep, you flipped over and glanced at the alarm clock (that you never used) on your nightstand. In bright, bold red letters, it read 1:02 AM.

Great.

You sat up groggily as you squint your eyes at the soft, yet luminous moonlight shafting through your window blinds. The soft pitter patter of rain could be heard, but you wanted to check for yourself.

After pulling back the curtains and peering through the blinds, you received your answer. The roads in the distance were soaked, covered in large puddles. The grass hill you now resided on was absolutely drenched in dew, and you could see the glint of mud beneath the wet grass.

One thing that always confused you was how much people seemed to despise the rain. Many of the children you grew up with always cried when it spoiled their chance to go outside. But, truly, what reason was there not to go outside? The rain may be cold and wet, but with enough layers it's honestly really fun to play in.

Rain just spoke to you, you weren't sure why. Something about the smell, the feel, and the sound put you right at ease.

Normally it would help you sleep, but at the moment it didn't seem to be helping too much.

You drew back the curtains and sat back down on your bed, debating what to do.

Drawing your gaze back to the window, you sighed. You closed your eyes and listened to the plip! sounds of the rain on your window.

plip, plop, plip!

You opened your eyes with a smile, and decided that it would be the perfect night for a walk.

~~~~~

You then found yourself in a tank top under a sweater under a coat, with some cozy rain boots with fluffy socks to keep you warm.

You didn't bring an umbrella, because umbrellas are for weaklings!!

You did, of course, bring your headphones.

(quick author intervention; ok the next part was meant to be serious and it still is, but im sorry there was no way i was missing the opportunity to use the cha-cha slide)

You softly placed them in your ears and pulled out your phone, turning on cha-cha slide before taking your first step into the rain.

You closed your eyes, taking in the senses around you. The raindrops fell onto your face, but you didn't mind.

You walked down the hill carefully, as not to slip on the excess amount of mud that now blanketed the ground. 

Below the hill was a field- besides the hidden lake that Geno had found, this was your favorite place to picnic.

The green grass was trimmed precisely, and it was very short grass. You didn't have to worry about too much mud here either, as it didn't have too much dirt.

The audio played in your head as you nodded and tapped your foot to the beat. Feeling playful, you looked around to see if anyone was there.

"All clear," you chuckled to yourself.

The song replayed in your head from the start. The singer started speaking in your ear and you playfully started clapping your hands, as you danced in your own little world.

TO THE LEFT

TAKE IT BACK NOW YALL-

(readers, i am so sorry but this must be done.)

You sung it out loud as you danced with the instructions of the speaker, hopping and cha-cha sliding all over the field as you laughed loudly.

Honestly, why do people hate the rain so much?

Little did you know, someone had been following you, and watching you 

very,

very,

closely.

PART 2 COMING OUT ONCE I WRITE IT (so probs 30-60 mins, just decided i liked the cliffhanger and wanted to release it.)