Just The Same: Hank

Your feet quietly padded on the tile floor that lead to the lab in the basement. You walked more than people would expect, everyone would make the assumption that you float everywhere, but you like to prove people wrong, so you would walk.
   Hank would compare you to Peter Pan. You were adventurous, and you had pointed ears and you could fly. You would make the joke that Hank was your Tinker Bell and he would say "as long as we're still best friends, then I'll be Tinker Bell." And that would always make you smile.
You made it to the lab and pushed the doors open only to be met with the visual representation of chaos. There were tables and stools tipped over. Broken glass and different substances were scattered along the floor. You weren't particularly worried until you saw Hank's glasses on the floor. You quickly floated over the mess to the glasses and picked them up.
"Hank, are you still in here?" You shouted. You waved your hand over the mess and everything, except for the liquids,either went into the trash or into its rightful place. You landed back on the floor and looked over at the jet. There were torn pieces of fabric sitting underneath the jet and there was a panel missing, leaving a hole that lead to the inside of the jet.
You carefully made your way to the hole to see what was the matter. You looked up into it, seeing what looked to be a part of Hank's lab coat hanging from an exposed pipe.
"Hank, you in there?" You called into the jet. This time you were met with an answer.
"Uh, ya. Just doing some modifications on the control panel." He sounded nervous. You looked at the pair of glasses in your hand and raised an eyebrow.
"Without your glasses?" There was no reply. You levitated into the jet and silently landed on the floor inside. You looked to the cockpit and saw a figure that was huddled under an emergency thermal blanket. It was one of those blankets that looked like aluminum foil, so the figure looked like a baked potato.
You walked over to baked potato Hank and sat cross legged in front of him.
"Why don't you leave me in the lab tonight?" Hank suggested.
"Why don't you come out of the blanket?" You fired back.
"You don't want to see me."
"I always want to see you. Even if your head fell off." You heard a chuckle come out from under the blanket. "So, did you grow a second nose, or what?"
"I ran out of my shots and I mutated." You knew that Hank had a shot once a day, but you never knew why. You had also seen his feet, but you didn't think that he had any other mutations.
"Did you make that mess?" You asked referring to the destroyed lab that you were met with.
"Yes, sorry. If I have my meds the transformation is calm, but when the serum in my system runs out, the transformation is very abrupt and messy." He explained. "Sorry." He apologized again.
"Eh, don't worry about it, I cleaned up what I could. But I'm sure something's burned through the floor." You smiled at the foil wrapped Hank. "Can I see you?" There was no response. "Hank?"
He slowly took the blanket off to reveal his blue self. Your eyebrows knitted together. He wasn't scary, he was cute.
"I may not have my glasses on, but I saw a you make a face. You think I'm a monster." Hank said and wrapped the blanket around his head. "I'm a monster without the meds, I-"
"What's your name?" You interrupted him.
"Huh?" Hank hummed.
"What's your name?" You repeated.
"Henry Philip McCoy." He answered.
"Do you still need these to see?" You held up his glasses. He squinted at them.
"Yes." You handed the glasses to him and he put them on.
"Are you still my best friend?"
"Yes."
"Then you're still Hank. You're not a monster. You're just the same, a little blue, but the same." You said with a smile.
"Then why'd you make a face." Hank questioned.
"Cuz you made it sound like you were gunna be scary, but you're cute. Your mutation is cute." You stated with a serious face.
"Your mutation is cuter." Hank said.
"What? My five inch ears?" You asked. You put your hands behind your ears and pushed them forward and made a silly face. Hank laughed. "See nothing's changed, you're still Hank."
"What would I do without you?" Hank asked.
"Crash and burn, darling." You said in a snooty rich person voice. You reached over and gave Hank a hug.