Surprise Lab Partner: Hank

ReaderPOV
   I was following Charles down a long white hallway that had different twists and turns to it. He was leading me to the lab in the basement.
   A few days ago Charles had come to my apartment in search for a 'surprise lab partner' as he put it. I initially said no because to me, at the time, it sounded like a kidnapping scheme and mutant or not being kidnapped sound like a sure fire way to put a damper on my day. But after some story telling and mind tricks preformed by the Professor, I was no longer suspicious of the lab partner offer.
   I'm smart. That wasn't expected by my teachers or classmates because of the type of person I come off as. Most people say I'm confident, outgoing, not easily embarrassed, a pain in the ass. That's all true, but science, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc. is my kryptonite. I also was in need of a job and a friend, so I'll be a 'surprise lab partner' and a helpful one at that!
   "Oh yes, this is going to be splendid! He has been so overwhelmed as of late. A partner will be just what he needs!" Charles was saying to I assume was me, or to himself.
   "Uh, you have been saying 'him' can I know who 'him' is?" I asked hoping for a name to be given.
   "You will get to meet HIM right as soon as we enter this room!" Charles said in a voice of excitement. Suddenly I felt nervous. What if he didn't like me? What if he wasn't nice? What if we have nothing in common? No, stop it Y/N! These are what if question. You'll be fine
   "There is absolutely nothing to worry about, he will love you!" Charles reassure after reading my mind. "I can also assure that you both have lots in common."
   "Okay. Let's go." I said while opening the large white door.
   "Charles, I really can't talk right now, I'm busy!" The mystery man shouted at Charles.
   "You can't even stop for a second?" Charles asked with a raised eyebrow.
   "No, Charles, I'm almost done with this equation and then I need to check my work!"Mr. Mystery said still not looking up from his work.
   "You can't even look up to see a good looking individual, that is as smart as you and has the same interests as you?" Charles questioned while looking back at me.
   "If you found someone like that I should buy a lottery ticket." Mr. Mystery said with a half hearted laugh.
   "I'm not that great, but I am pretty good." I finally piped up with a slight blush on my face from the indirect complement. Mr. Mystery's ears turned pink, he slowly turned his head to face us. I waved at him sheepishly, kinda feeling bad for embarrassing him.
   "Hank McCoy, this is Y/N L/N, Y/N L/N, this is Hank McCoy. Y/N is going to be your lab partner." Charles introduced us to each other. Hank quickly stood up from his chair and walked towards me and Charles, then proceeded to trip over a rolling stool. I used my powers to catch the stool and Hank, luckily Hank was wearing a cotton lab coat, or else he would have been face down on the tile floor.
   "Extraordinary! Telekinesis, right!?" Hank asked, still suspended in midair. I set the stool up with my powers, then walked up to him and put my hands on his shoulders to push him up right and on to his feet.
   "No, I can control earth elements." I corrected while straightening his coat.
   "Oh, so you must have used the natural materials in my glasses frames." Hank guessed. He was intensely looking down at me, studying my every feature like he would get all of the information about my power from my face.
   "No, I used the cotton from your coat. It makes for a much easier catch." I explained with a small smile, happy that someone was interested in my mutation instead of being scared of it.
   "Um, y-you don't seem like a nerd." Hank said after looking at my outfit. My oversized sweatshirt was tied around my waist at the time, and that was the item of clothing that gave it all away.
   "Oh, hold on!" I said while putting on the large hoodie and zipping it up, with my hood on of course. I took a step back and did a turn on the catwalk.
   "Is that a Boba Fett sweatshirt!?" Hank asked in excitement.

 Looks like this👆( fun fact, I actually have this sweatshirt)

   "It is! But I must say you are right. I'm not a nerd." I stated in a sorrowful tone.
   "No?" Hank asked.
   "Nope! I am an intellectual badass! And I have a feeling that you are too!" I said with a smile on my face.
   "An intellectual badass? Well that term might actually get my students to study." Charles said from the background gaining my attention. I turned to face him. "Well I'll be off then, goodbye! Oh and Hank, intellectual badass is a complement." And with that Charles was off.
   I turned to face Hank and noticed that he was bright red and was looking down at me with happy eyes. "I'm sorry, did I embarrass you!?" I asked with a worried voice. "Not many things embarrass me so it's hard to tell if I've embarrassed someone sometimes!"
   "Oh, no I'm not embarrassed. It's just that I don't get a lot of complements saying that being smart is cool, and intellectual badass just about sums up being cool and smart." Hank explained.
   "Well, as long I'm here, being smart will always be cool."