Roses: Kurt

ReaderPOV
   I followed a man in a wheelchair named Charles down a hallway that lead back into the main room of the mansion. The next part of the tour I was most excited about because it was outside, and outside means plant life that I can study, and heal! The tour was moving smoothly, until a man in glasses came running out of the second hallway yelling for Charles.
   "CHARLES ERIK IS PLAYING WITH KNIVES AGAIN!!!"
   "I told you not to let him into the kitchen!" Charles retorted. I heard a BAMF noise to my right and a much closer SHING to my left. I turned to my left and in the wall was a knife.
   "GOOD NIGHT!! Ha, that's a knife!" I said progressively getting calmer. I pulled the knife out of the wall and held it in my hand. "Wooden handle!" I said to myself. Then a man that was floating with his arms out and legs together with knives all around him came out of the hallway.
   "Y/N, could you try and stop Erik please." Charles asked with a cocked eyebrow.
   "Ok." I through the knife without aiming and used the handle to guide it where I wanted it to go. I nailed Erik to the wall with the knife, then all of the knives that were floating around him dropped. I caught all of them just in time to notice that there was a blue boy under the mess of the floating knives.
   "Good job! You stopped the cause and altered the effect." Charles was clapping his hands and smiling. "Kurt, are you alright?"
   "I'm fine, zanks." That blue boy named Kurt said. I set the knives on the floor and walked up to Kurt. I reached both hands out in front of me signaling for him to let me help him up. He looked at my hands, his eyes trailing up my arms, looking at the vines under my skin.
   "Don't worry, these vines don't have thorns." I smiled at him, in which he returned with a fanged grin. He was still hesitant to to take my hands, so I did the oldest trick in the book. Grabby Hands.
   "Vut are you doing?" He asked.
   "Grabby Hands!" I responded.
   "Vhy?"
   "Cuz I want you to take my hands."
   "Take zem vhere?"
   "Just let me help you up!" I said ending the conversation. He reached for my hands with his three fingered ones, I used my weight to hoist him into a standing position.
   "Zank you!" He smiled again.
   "Kurt, could you show Y/N around the gardens please?" Charles asked Kurt. "I have him to deal with." Charles looked up at Erik who was quietly dangling from the wall.
   "Yes, sir!" Kurt answered. He took my hand and lead me to the nearest door. "Zis vay!" Once we were outside he let go of my hand and started to walk down a pathway. After a few minutes of walking and pointing out different trees and statues, we were accompanied by two new people. The boy stood closest to Kurt, he was wearing red sunglasses. The girl stood closest to me, she had on a mint green jacket and had red hair.
"Hello!" I said happy to meet someone new. "I'm Y/N." I looked at both of them when I said my name. Kurt was just walking along happily, his tail swaying calmly behind us.
"Hi, I'm Jean, and that's Scott!" The girl introduced while pointing to Scott.
"Nice to meet you." I said with a smile.
"So, are your powers like the ones in the comics where you can use them, but every time you do they kill you a little?" Scott asked, leaving me completely confused.
"What?" I asked.
"Your neck." He said bluntly.
"Oh, you mean my vines? No, they aren't killing me, they're just decorative." I clarified. "I have a plant power that lets me control, heal and grow any type of plants."
"Any type?" Scott asked. I hesitated before answering, thinking about what he just asked.
"I'm not going to grow you weed, if that's what you're asking." I stated while crossing my arms in front of my chest.
"Vhy vould you vant VI/N to grow you veeds?" Kurt asked innocently.
"The weed Scott is talking about is different from what you're thinking." Jean explained.
   "So, to get off the topic of weed, what are your powers?" I asked, changing the subject before Kurt asked what weed was.
   "I have telekinesis and I can read minds." Explained Jean. "I don't read minds often though, because you learn things about the person you didn't want to know." Jean made a grossed out face and I patted her shoulder in sympathy.
   "I have laser vision!" Scott announced proudly, he pointed at himself with his thumbs.
   "So, some would say you're a gazer beam?" I teased, getting giggles out of Jean and Kurt. Scott didn't like my joke as much. As we talked we came up to a small bridge. I looked across the lake and saw a tree that looked like it had been burnt down the middle, it was laying in two halves on the ground. "Who did that?!"
   "Your boy, gazer beam over there." Jean answered sarcastically.
   "And for that snark remark, you get to help me fix it." I stated while grabbing her arm and running toward the tree, the boys hot on our heels. "Use your powers to bring the tree halves closer together." I instructed.
   "Can't you do it?" Jean asked.
   "Ya, but I don't want to."
   "Fine." She did as she was told and brought the tree halves as close together as she could get them. I walked up to the tree and put one hand on either half and activated my powers. The wood fibers could be seen fusing together through the split in the middle. After a few seconds the tree was one whole tree again. I turned around to see the faces of the boys behind us. Kurt's star struck expression turned into a full smile as he looked at me.
   "Can ve climb it?" He asked.
   "Yep! It's been restored to its original glory and is ready to be climbed!" I answered. Kurt ran to the base of the tree and hopped up to the lowest branch, doing a pullover to get into the leafy part of the tree. It was my turn to climb the tree now. I didn't do anything fancy, just jumped to the lowest branch and did a pull-up to get fully in the tree. (Pretend you can do a pull-up if you're like me and can't)
   "I have climbed every tree on campus, and so far zis von is my favorite!" I heard Kurt say from a higher spot in the tree.
   "Why thank you. Speaking of climbing trees, where are the other two?" I asked. Kurt came down to the branch I was sitting on, and hung off it with his legs and tail.
   "Zey are right here!" Kurt shouted up to me. I did the same as Kurt and hung upside down by my legs to see what he was talking about. Once I was fully upside down, I had come face to face with Jean.
   "Ya so, unlike you two, we can't climb trees like circus people!" Jean said jokingly.
   "Oh right!" I said with a sheepish grin. I sat upright then hopped out of the tree. "Ok, I need you both to stay calm!" I ordered while leaving them confused. I put a foot on the side of the tree and then the other. I was now standing horizontally off the tree trunk with 3 pairs of eyes on me.
"How are you doing zat?" Kurt asked with wide eyes.
"I dunno, it's just" I tapped the toe of my shoe on the trunk I was standing on, studying my feet and the tree under them. "I dunno!" I finished.
"I that different from regular standing?" Scott asked.
"No, not really. I also really don't believe this is the weirdest thing you guys have seen!" I stated. I turned so I was facing the ground and grabbed the forearms of Jean, hoisting her up until her toes touched the tree. Then, as if there was a magnet, Jean's feet connected with the tree so she was now standing on the tree like me. She quickly latched on to me as if she were going to fall. "You're not gunna fall, let go." I told her. She slowly let go and looked at her feet.
   "Hey, this is just like standing!" Jean said.
   "Yep, try walking up the tree." She took a cautious step up the tree and then another and soon she had made it to a branch. "Your turn!" I looked at Scott and put a hand on his shoulder. "Put your foot on the tree." He did as told and stepped onto the tree and walked up the trunk to the branch Jean was sitting on. I returned to my shared branch with Kurt.
   "Zat vas cool! Veird, but cool! Can you do anyzing else?" Kurt praised.
   "Well," I put my hand out, my palm facing up. A little blue rose bud blossomed and grew into a full rose in seconds. When it was at full size it fell into my opposite hand. I put in Kurt's hair. "I make the best roses around!"