A Dent In Your Jaunty Helmet: Erik

You and the others walked out into the courtyard to try a new type of training. Sparring practice. You were going to be assigned a sparring partner, and fight them while the others watched.
You were still a bit new to the X-Men, but they were nice enough to make you feel comfortable with fighting and what not. You were excited to see if you were as good as a fighter as you thought you were, after all, fighting is your mutation.
You all had finally reached an open part of the courtyard, and stood in a line shoulder to shoulder waiting for further instruction from Charles.
"The partners you are assigned today will be your partner for every Wednesday. The goal is to knock your opponent down and keep them down for about a minute. The longer you can keep them down for, the better chances you have for survival on the battlefield. Now, do we have any volunteers?" Charles explained, getting a little dramatic. You raised your hand as to signal that you wanted to volunteer to be the first one fighting. Charles waved his hand telling you to come join him in front of everyone. Charles leaned down to you and asked: "How do you feel about going up against Erik?"
"That's fine!" You answered back with a small smile.
"Erik, put your helmet on, you and Y/N are the first ones sparring today." Charles shouted at Erik. You were excited to fight Erik, you never had before. His unique power should be a challenge to beat. Or, so you thought.
Erik walked forward and Charles took his place next to Raven. You and Erik stood about 7 feet apart, ensuring that there was enough space to attack. "Begin!" Charles yelled
Erik did his arms out, legs together floating thingy; resembling a very strange Mary Poppins. "Now, I'm not going to go easy on you just because you and I haven't fought before, and blah blah blah blah." You stopped listening to his little monologue and looked at the ground next to your feet. You spotted what you were looking for, a rock! You bent down and picked it up, you put your non dominant arm out in front of you to aim where you were going to throw. You wound up and threw the rock, hitting Erik's helmet with a loud CLANG. You ran out of Erik's line of vision and looked at him. There was a dent in the helmet and it was sitting on his head crooked. His place in the sky had lowered enough that you could reach his feet.
You came up behind him and carefully untied his shoes and then tied one lace from each shoe together in a tight knot. Erik, being confused and disoriented, landed back on the ground in hopes to find where you had gone. He took one step forward and proceeded to face plant.
Laughter erupted from the small audience on the sidelines as you walked up to a face down Erik. You sat crosslegged on his back and took his helmet off of him. You examined the damage done to the helmet, there was a large dent in the side of the helmet and a place where the red paint scratched off, showing the silver underneath.
"Erik, are you alive?" You asked. There was no response. You quickly flipped him over and sat on him stomach/chest. "You're not fooling me that easily!" You said as you saw that the man under you was awake. You popped out the dent as best you could, leaving only a crinkle in the finish. You put it back on Erik while getting up off of him.
"That was over quicker then I thought it was going to be. What type of fighting was that?"
"Uh, getting shit done. Ya know, maybe you shouldn't monologue before every fight." You suggested, hoping you can have a real challenge next week.
"Getting shit done? Is that a style of your own invention?" Erik pondered, ignoring the monologue statement.
"I guess it is!" You said with a smile.
Alex ran up to and gave you a high five. "You gave him a dent in his jaunty helmet! That's so cool!"