Swing set {5}

Song added: line without a hook by Ricky Montgomery

Like always, the two girls walked back from from school they began to chat just like always, "Hey dolly, you wanna go to the park tonight?" Ibuki asked as her grip on her backpack had gotten tighter thinking about the idea. "Hm? Oh! I'd love to Mioda..but I'd have to sneak out..and I'm not good at that, you'd know that..I'm sorry please forgive me.." the purple haired girl pleaded softly as her head shot down. Ibuki could only smile and sigh at the girl, patting her on the back softly. "You've seemed stressed lately...a trip to the park can hopefully calm your nerves." Ibuki smiles as she takes a few steps too slowly lead herself in front of the other girl. "See ya later dolly." A big smile appeared on her face as they saw that they were at the musician's house. Mikan quickly took notice of her surrounding, "o-oh! Well..yeah..goodbye Mioda." She softly hugged her friend before heading down her own path.
——————————————————

The nurse slid the un oiled door open, causing her entrance to be noticed. She sighed as she quickly closed it trying to head up the stairs, but alas her wrist was pulled backwards causing her to fall. She let out a soft whimper, all she heard was a chuckle and footsteps. She looked up seeing as if he was gone. She quickly made her way up like she intended.

Her door quickly slammed into place.
"Mioda is right...I do need a break.." she whispered softly to herself. Groaning she plopped her bag on the ground and fell onto her bed, feeling the soft blankets connect with her skin.

Mikan's POV

Should I text her to see what time I should come? No...she would think I'm annoying..but what if she doesn't? But what if she does? Mmh...why am I like this..then again, it makes Junko happy the way I am, so that's a plus.. before I could think anything more through I got a call from Mioda..as soon as I picked up I was greeted with her voice. "Mikaaan!" She yelled into her device, I giggled softly as I answered with a nice 'hello'.

——————————————————

"So do you want me to bring snacks?" Ibuki questioned, getting a quick gasp from the other. "Nonono! I'm okay..you shouldn't have to worry about that stuff." She said back, beginning to play with a long bunch of hair feeling her heartbeat get faster. 'Does she really care for me?' Before any other though could be put in that sentence she was met with Mioda's voice once again. "Mkay, so I'm gonna pick you up at like...hm..8:30 kay'?" Mikan thought for a moment, would her 'father' really be asleep that time?, would she be able to get out of the door?. "Mioda...I'm not sure about this anymore.." Tsumiki said feeling tears well up in her eyes. She was disappointing a friend.. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." she said quietly. "Hey..you know, I'll help you through the entire way..AND it's only done the stairs and outta the door you are!" "You-..really think I can do it Ibuki?"
——————————————————

Ibuki's POV

"Ibuki know you can do it!" I said, she has something on her mind..She's never this down about herself, especially around me..hm. I heard a sigh from the other line. "Mmh..I'm in, I'll see you tonight Mioda.." She said as I heard the small beep..she hung up. "Ouch.." I mutter to myself before throwing my phone at my bed.

-time skip c:————————————

'It's 8:00..okay let's do this.' Tsumiki made her way down the stairs, her shoes making a small squeak against the wooden stairs. Her heart stopped, yet she kept going. Before she knew she was out of the house, her knees began to buckle. A sigh escaped her mouth before she begun to walk to the park. That park where they shared so many memories tougher...

"Mikaaan! Come on! The swings won't hurt you! And if it do I'll catch you!" Her voice was much more high, yet her attitude stayed the exact same. "B-but w-what I-if I-" "ah ah ah! No buts! I promise you'll love em'!" As Mikan reaches the small park. Her smile grew.
"Up and down, up and down ANNND up and down!" The younger girl felt the breeze in her hair, but her worries still stayed strong. "Don't be so on edge! You are gonna be all good with Ibuki pushing you!" She wanted to feel that breeze. She quickly made it to a spot on the swings, placing her body down. She was a few minutes early...she had time.

She flew her legs up and down, causing her light blue skirt to begin to blow with the wind. The settle wind...

"You gotta swing with your own legs Kay'?"

Her legs somehow never got tired, she felt as if she was on top of the world,

"Ibuki!! I-I'm d-doing it!!"

"Mikan? You're here early! Sorry it took a bit."

The memory was suddenly stopped,
"I-ibuki! I didn't notice you...I was just-" she pointed to the swings before heading off. "Nooo you were doing so good! Ibuki is proud that you could he so high!" She quickly took Tsumiki's hand and gave it a high five. "Heh....thanks.. But um, why did you want to come here? You always have a reason for wanting to go here..if it's just to goof off or talking about something.." Mikan played with her hands, she felt bad for asking so sudden but she was curious.

"Sit."

Mikan quickly sat back down. Did she do something? Mioda sat with her, sighing softly before taking the girls hand. "Eh?" "Mikan Tsumiki, what's wrong with you? I mean...you've been so down. And it's getting me worried." The musician gave the nurse a concerned look. "What..ever...do....you mean?" Tsumiki was lost for words, she never expected Ibuki or ANYBODY to care so much about her feeling. Yet this is Ibuki we're talking about..so in a way it can't be much of a surprise. Ibuki stayed silent, showing she wasn't going to speak until she got an answer. "I've just...I haven't really...I don't think I've been making good choices, and I don't know how to fix them.." she answered softly, "like?"
"I haven't been hanging out with the people I want...Junko's been kinda overprotective of me..but she loves me! So I guess it's...fine." She moved a strand of hair behind her ear, she could hear a soft scoff from the musician but was quickly overheard with a sigh. "You know what? Nu uh! You dolly, you deserve only happiness..and I'm gonna help you achieve it..ask anything, and I'll help you. Promise.." Ibuki took her friends hand, meeting with her eyes and giving a giggle

'Promise'
The word that meant the most to the both of them.

——————————————————

So sorry I haven't updated in a while I've been taking a mental break and have been focusing on myself for now but I'm getting waaay better so hopefully I'll update my stories soon have a good day or night, bye💛