Chapter Seventeen

- Chapter 17 -

- Sakura's Point Of View -

"This is not fun Izaya!" I screamed at him as he dangled me precariously from the fabric of my scarf around my waist, seven storeys up. "This is not a date!" I cried trying not to move to vigorously for the fear of falling.

- Four Hours Earlier -

"Go on a date with me."

My face lit up like a christmas tree. So he really did like me, I smiled feeling my heart beating faster and nodded my head vigorously. "Y-yeah sure." I scolded myself for stuttering.

"Great let's go!" He said grabbing my hand and dragging me down the street.

"Oh, right now?" I asked stumbling slightly. Should I not be getting back to Shizuo? What about that man still in the alley? "I mean I'm fine with a date and all but Shizuo will be worried if I'm gone for too long."

"Don't worry about him. Just tell him you got lost." He slowed down a little for me to walk next to him, not letting go of my hand.

We walked around the city, seemingly not walking to any particular destination. "So, where are we going?" I looked up at him whilst he stared straight on and shrugged.

I kept looking at him whilst we walked, a sudden smirk ignited on his face and he turned his head to me. "Want to see something cool?" I squinted my eyes in suspicion. "Come on." He grinned pulling me around the city before we finally ended up at his apartment.

He sat me down on the sofa and walked into what appeared to be his room then came out a few minutes later holding something behind his back.

"What is it?" I questioned standing up and trying to peak around him. He side stepped me easily chuckling slightly. "Seriously Izaya, let me see." I frowned but still curious as I tried to look again.

"Fine~" He pulled out a large jar from behind his back and shoved it in my face, his grin growing wider than ever when he saw the terrified look on my face.

I screamed and flew backwards landing on the sofa with a thump and gripping the cushions. "W-why," I swallowed audibly, unable to pull my eyes away from the thing in his hands. "do you have a decapitated head?!"

He casually placed it on the coffee table and took a few steps towards me. "Isn't she beautiful?" He chimed which made me glance at the head again. True, she was indefinably bewitching, but.it.was.a.head. My wide eyes flashed to Izaya again just in time to see him climbing on top of me.

"I thought you go out places, on dates and stuff?" I asked still shaking as he held himself over me, straddling my legs.

"Yeah, but wasn't this more exciting?" He motioned to the head on the coffee table, leaning down to my face. "Kind of romantic right?" He smiled.

My eyes were transfixed to his smile, he should do that more often instead of his creepy smirk. Just as I thought he was about to kiss me, he pulled away sitting next to me, probably sensing my disappointment.

"Fine let's go out." He sighed.

"But we only just got here." He gave me a weird look, smirking and looking at his room.

"You want to stay?" He leant in and grabbed my chin. "Perhaps I could find us something else to do~" He whispered suggestively.

"No I think your right. I need a little fresh air anyway." I stood up quickly, straightening out my clothes and speed walking to the door whilst I heard him chuckling behind me. Idiot.