Chapter One

- Chapter 1 -

- Sakura's Point Of View -

I tapped the glass in time with the sounds of the rain on the window. It was a dreary day in Ikebukuro and I was bored.

"Shizu-nii!" I called. No answer. "Shizuo!" I tried again.

He was probably still in bed at this time. In other circumstances I would of turned to my other brother, Kasuka, for entertainment but sadly he was out working. Has been for almost a week now and it was getting lonely with just Shizuo and me in the apartment.

I don't go out much unless one of my brothers is with me. Apparently being the youngest (by a few years) makes me vulnerable - according to Shizuo.

On many occasions, I have tried to persuade Shizuo to let me out more often and sometimes he would, but it would all end the same. Ten minutes into walk and I would panic about the chance of getting lost or running into one of those colour gangs and I would be straight back into the safety of the apartment.

Ikebukuro was a big city and a dangerous one at that. Everyone was either a gang member, a danger, or an innocent bystander and it just so happens I fall into the latter category.

The only place I was allowed to venture to on my own was the grocery store which was less than a five minute walk and Russia Sushi of course.

Shizuo is friends with Simon who works there, so on the rare occasion I do go, he looks out for me.

I slowly creaked the door open and crept silently in. "What's wrong, Sakura?" His gruff voice sliced through the air. Shizuo wasn't cold as such, he was more awkward than anything and that usually meant he was misunderstood as being rude.

"I'm bored~" I sang, sitting on the corner of the bed. "Can we go out today?" I pleaded.

"Is it still raining?"

"Yes."

"Then no."

"But Shizu-chan!" I whined gently tugging his arm.

"Don't call me that. It's disgusting." He grumbled.

I frowned and pulled on his arm, this time trying to move him. "Shizu-nii, it's already twelve o'clock!" He opened one eye and glanced at the alarm clock.

"So? It's my day off. Now get off me." He extracted his arm from my grasp and turned over, pulling the covers over his head in the process.

"We need food." I tried.

"Then go get some."

"But I don't want to go alone! Especially with all those rumours floating around about those colour gangs-" I was about to continue my rant when the bed sheets were thrown up in the air and Shizuo was already pulling his shirt on.

"Go get your coat." I knew that would work. I skipped out and pulled on my black coat that reached mid thigh and buttoned up at the seam.

"Shizu-nii! I'll wait for you outside!" I called and made my way down the steps of the apartment. A few minutes later Shizuo came out and I turned to greet him.

"Final-" He cut me off when he forcibly shoved a white beanie on my head and wrapped the mathching scarf tightly around my neck.

"You forgot these." He huffed whilst I unleashed the scarf from around my neck and Shizuo zipped up his brown coat. "Let's go." He grabbed my arm and pulled me down the street. Despite me and Shizuo being related, his tall height and long legs greatly contrasted my short stature and him pacing up the street didn't exactly make it easy to keep up with him.