Confession

I walk towards the back of the school, holding her note in my hand. It's strange, because Horikita would rarely call me out with the vague words of 'I need to tell you something...'. Besides... the back of the school is both famous and infamous for a certain thing...

Either way, if it's horikita, she would most likely want to discuss matters of the study club. It's not as if I mind, it's just that I would prefer doing something more interesting.

I just turn the corner and walk forward. What stood in front of my eyes was the back of a young girl with silky black hair. She looked upon the sky as if praying to someone, that something will be right. Maybe I underestimated the matter. Maybe she is, indeed, in a grave situation. Either way, I promised Horikita to get her to class A, so I must help her.

"Horikita..."

I place my hand on her shoulder, which makes her jump.

"Argh! Oh, you're already here, Ayanokoji-kun..." she breathes a sigh of relief, but shakes again once more subsequently, "D-Did you read what I wrote?"

"Of course. If I hadn't, I wouldn't be here. Anyway, I would've liked to have seen you either way. You seemed strange today."

"S-Strange!? H-How so!?"

"How so? You directed your gaze at me multiple times, and looked away immediately. You kept silent throughout the morning. You never threw a single insult at me at all. It's only natural to feel unease at this point. Is something the matter?"

The strange Horikita tries to compose herself as she usually does flawlessly, but her entire posture lacked formality. She looked towards her side, and refused to make eye contact with me. What did I do to incur a grudge from her, I wonder?

"J-Just listen, Ayanokoji-kun... I have something to tell you..."

She covers her face. Her hair was swaying in the wind. The sun shone upon us. It's as if something was bound fo happen.
And so, Horikita finally moves her lips:

"I... may... have developed feelings for you..."

An ulterior motive? If so...

"Huh. Can you please explain?"

I need to delve into her feelings.

"I-I'm saying that I-... I... love you."

She finally makes eye contact with me. I didn't realize it before, but her eyes are beautiful.

Actually, why did I not realize it before?

"Ayanokoji-kun, I love you..."

At first, I thought it was some sort of test. That someone spectated from afar, laughing at me. That this was what people called a 'prank'. However, her face told me otherwise. It seemed genuine, as if a maiden was in love.

Maybe this will act as a spice for my youth? Who knows? The only way to know... is to accept her feelings right now, and go out with her.

Main account: https://www.wattpad.com/user/Diefeel