Karuizawa Kei

“E-Excuse me!”

As I walk towards the gates of the school, where a certain girl is waiting for me right now, another voice calls out to me. It was a voice that was awfully familiar. If I do recall, her name is...

“Do you, like, have time right now?”

“Mm?” I turn around and take a look at her face.

As I thought, it was her. Another girl from Class D who knows a thing or two about being in a relationship.

“Karuizawa Kei, am I right?” I ask.

“What? Don't tell me you nearly forgot?”

“No, I only remember you as Hirata's boyfriend, that's all.”

What does she have to do with me, though?

“Right... anyway. So, like, do you have time right now or what?”

“I'm currently making someone wait, but I can spare a minute or two, if that's alright.”

“Hmm, I guess that's alright. I would've liked more time but it's okay. Hehe, I guess you can't make her wait any longer, right? Right? Hehe!”

Judging from the huge smirk on her face, I'm guessing she knows who I was referring to.

“Can you cut to the topic?” I say, hurrying things up.

“Okay, okay. I was just wondering whether or not you know what Yousuke would like as a gift. A birthday gift, I mean.”

“A birthday gift for Hirata? Has his birthday not passed already?”

“Yeah, but, like, how do I say this...” she looks at the ground as if she was ashamed at herself, “I totally forgot...”

I never knew it was possible for one to forget their beloved's birthday, but it seems this girl has proven me wrong today. I would guess Karuizawa broke one of the main rules of being in a relationship, though, I’m not in a position to say that. However, I must say, it sure must suck to be her boyfriend.

I feel some sort of sorrow for Hirata right now.

“So? Do you have any ideas?”

I diverged into a new track of thought that I totally forgot. What would Hirata want, eh? It's not as if we were close enough to discuss our likings. Though, if there was one piece of advice I would give... that would be...

“I do recall Hirata limping to school because of the tightness of his soccer boots that he wore the day prior for his soccer club. Maybe you could buy him a new pair of soccer boots? I'm sure he would appreciate it. I'll ask him what size he would prefer wearing and relay it to you as soon as I can.”

“Whoa...”

She seems shocked at my response. Did I say something worthy of making one feel uneasy?

“Is anything on my face?”

“No no no, nothing! It's just that I thought you were a mysterious spy that was sent by another nation. I never knew you were this reliable...”

“That’s definitely nice to hear. Well, I should be going now. She'll surely be mad at me at this point.”

“O-Ok...” she smiles the smile of genuine gratitude, “Then, see you, Ayano-kun!”

It must really suck to be her boyfriend.

Oh boy was this fun to write XD

Main account: https://www.wattpad.com/user/Diefeel