Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO | AN UNINVITED GUEST

'Opportunities are expensive, more times than not.'

⁎⁎⁎

Nandini always prided herself in being a fierce warrior. When situations got tough, she got tougher!

At this point, however, she wasn't sure if she deserved the title.

And only one man was to be blamed.

Actually two considering the auto driver who drove too slow for Delhi roads.

But then again, if the first man had been cooperative, she wouldn't have to worry about getting late to her own event.

Being successful in getting macarons would have saved her from the wrath of Mrs. Saxena. She was a lovely lady to work with if you're punctual and an absolute opposite if you're not. 

Ayyappa, please help me. I promise to work very hard for the rest of this wedding but please save my job today! Please Ayyappa! She prayed, as she entered the Saxena Mansion and quickly made her way to the hall.

"Nandini, Nandini," a loud whisper broke her chain of thoughts. She looked up to see Alya running towards her with a beautiful smile on her face.

Her dear friend, Alya, the closest thing she had to family. She was stunning and rich. Nandini should probably hate her, but that was practically impossible. The girl oozed kindness!

"Hey Al, you look incredible!" Nandini beamed.

Alya lifted her shoulders and jumped a little before whispering, "Thank you, you look pretty too!"

"Thank you! Why are we whispering though?" Nandini asked.

"Because no one has seen me yet. I want to make an entrance. Please go in, and announce me," she begged and Nandini nodded, chuckling at her excitement. That's just how Alya was, happy and confident.

Nandini walked inside the room and smiled at Mrs. Saxena before grabbing the mike and announcing.

"Good afternoon everyone, thank you for joining us in the wedding celebrations! We'll be starting with the ring exchange ceremony soon and for that, I would like to present to you, the star of the evening, beautiful bride-to-be, and my best friend, Miss Alya Saxena."

Alya walked in amidst the loud clapping and hugged her parents before walking up to the small stage they had set up at the corner of the ballroom. She greeted her to-be in-laws and Dhruv. Alya wasn't the shy bride who kept quiet and silently accepted everything thrown at her. She had a mouth and she used it well.

They had decorated the tabletops with pink peonies that perfectly complemented the blue themed stage. The decorations required special inputs from Alya's mother, who had carefully planned out each corner of the room for her daughter's engagement.

Excusing herself, Nandini walked towards Mrs. Saxena. She was a little hesitant because the latter wasn't in a good mood when they last spoke that morning.

"Hello, Zara aunty! I'm sorry I got late," she whispered in her ears as she beside her.

"Tardiness does not suit a new business, Nandini." Mrs. Saxena shook her head.

That's just how she was, the definition of rich and powerful. And Nandini's role-model.

"I know... I'm sorry," Nandini apologized.

"I appreciate your apology but I will be happy if you tell me that everything is in perfect order," she turned to give Nandini a stern smile that turned her slightly edgy. Nevertheless, Nandini held her head high and responded professionally.