CHAPTER 4

Namjoon’s POV

I was watering the plants in the garden when my mom entered with a bouquet in her hand. She said it might be from a fan.

It was the same kind of bouquet with an envelope. I was confident to say that this one was also from Hanum, and I wondered what she was up to this time.

I groaned, pitying myself. I did not want to open the envelope, but I did it anyway.

"To my dear Joonie oppa,

I wake up every day with your smile on my mind. 
It's a beautiful sight to behold, so soft and so kind.
My dreams are filled with the thought of me and you. 
I awake and smile, for my dreams have come true.
I have you to guide me through my troubles and fears. 
I'll always be here for you through your struggles and tears.
I love you more than my words could ever show. 
You mean everything to me; I just want you to know.
I'll be here for you no matter the dilemma. 
You will always be first on my agenda.

Lots of love,
K.H."

Those alluring words threw me off.

After reading those words, I was quite puzzled. Hanum could never write such beautiful poetry. She had hated such things since we had been kids.

Then how is she sending me such notes? One thing I was sure of was that the writer had a beautiful mind.

****

Hae Jin’s POV

Today was Chen’s operation day. He was in the operation theater. Six hours had passed yet no one came out of the room. I had been running around in distress. No one could comfort me right now; neither friend nor relative.

I had always been lonely, but today I was tormented by the feeling of it. My heart was bursting with agitations. Holding my tears in, I remained brave for Chen.

Just one person. I just wanted one person in my life. Why is nobody next to me?

At last, a doctor came out.

“The surgery was a success, fortunately. The patient is fine, but he will be unconscious for a couple of hours.”

I felt as if his words had given me a new life. I could cry now, and I let it out with joy.

When Chen was shifted to ICU, I could see him through the glass door. Doctors and nurses surrounded his hospital bed, attaching IVs, heart monitors, and oxygen tanks to him. Seeing him in that situation, my heart sank.

Hopefully... this will be the last scrutiny for us.

I wished in my heart.

**************
Poem: Your Smile on My Mind by Unknown♡