CHAPTER 9

Hae Jin's POV

I was still apprehensive about a lot of things, but it was nice knowing how far we had come and how much we had grown together each day. Who would have thought things would turn out this way between us? I hoped we could continue to be together.

His vacation was over. He had returned to Seoul and was already busy with his schedule. Yet, he would still spare some time for me. Our lives were going well. We were both very happy together.

These were the most beautiful moments of my life. I felt like I was the luckiest girl in the world. Everything had been better ever since he had walked into my life.

Everything was going well until…

One day, when I was watching TV, a specific headline made my heart drop. The breaking news flashing on the screen stole my breath.

"BTS RM AND AN UNKNOWN GIRL FROM ILSAN-GU ARE REPORTEDLY DATING BY DISPATCH. CURRENTLY, BIGHIT ENTERTAINMENT IS UNABLE TO BE REACHED BY THE REPORTERS REGARDING DATING NEWS OF THE IDOL. BTS RM IS NOT WILLING TO RELEASE A STATEMENT YET."

I felt as if someone had stabbed me in the back. I felt as if the ground had slipped from under my feet. I felt like I had lost all my senses.

My phone kept ringing, and I kept getting messages from several unknown numbers.
I didn’t understand anything. My whole body was numb. That is, until a familiar name appeared on the phone screen. I picked up the phone in mere seconds as it rang. Namjoon’s sweet voice breathed life into me.

“Are you alright, Hae Jin? Don't worry. Everything will be fine, like before. Just don’t give in, okay? I will take care of everything. You trust me, right?” His voice felt heavy.

"Hmm..." was the only word that I could mutter.

In my mind, I had a lot to say, but his weak voice made it all vanish. We didn’t hang up the phone. He was sighing silently on one side of the line, and I was clutching my mouth with my hands to prevent him from listening to my choked muffles.

Why is life so cruel? When I think I have found someone precious, life betrays me.

♡♡♡♡
Physical pain is temporary, and it can be healed, but emotional pain kills you. It haunts you and all your life. It affects your mental health, your behavior. It tortures your brain, your heart. It destroys your nervous system. It’s the worst a human being can ever face...

****

Hanum's POV

I couldn’t believe the dating news of Joonie Oppa. I couldn’t help but wonder when and where it had all happened. Many questions started to pop in my head.

I didn’t understand anything. The first thought that came to my mind was the florist that I had hired. I picked up my car keys and, without thinking, I rushed to meet her.

I went to the flower shop first, but she was not there. The shopkeeper gladly gave me her address after I insisted that it was urgent and personal.

I rang the doorbell, but no one opened. I rang again. I kept on ringing until she finally opened the door.

She recognized me. I could see it clearly on her face. Instead of saying anything else, I asked her directly. “Are you dating him?”

She remained silent.

“What's with the face? Does something I said hold some truth?” I kept interrogating her, but she remained silent.

“Why?!” I shouted at the top of my lungs, grabbing her by her collar.

“If you want more money, I will give you as much as you ask for! Just leave him, please! I can’t live without him!’’ I begged her.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t wish for it to happen. I don’t know how and when it started,” she replied. Her voice was choked with guilt.

“Leave him, I beg you or his whole life and career will be ruined!” I was sobbing. I couldn’t say anything else because the matter was out of my hands now. I regretted everything.

Why her and not me?

These words felt like a stab to my heart. I left.

What could I do more?

♡♡♡♡
I managed to get everything in the world, except love. I miserably failed in winning the love of the person I loved my whole life.