CHAPTER 8

Hae Jin's POV

"Ah! Calm down, Hae Jin!" I said aloud.

It was my first date, and it made sense that I was feeling anxious. I was going to meet the man who came into my life as an uninvited person and eventually became my everything.

We promised to meet by the river, but I reached there earlier. I was wearing a simple white dress with a small rose print on it.

There was no one else. The panoramic view of the lake made me even more excited. My heart was beating fast. It skipped a beat when I heard the footsteps of someone coming toward me. My eyes widened. I knew that was him.

He stood behind my back and spoke, "Isn’t the view spectacular?"

I nodded. “Yes, it is. It’s serene.”

His deep, sweet, raspy voice made me melt. Whenever he spoke, it ravished all my senses. I was indeed in love with that voice.

Now he was standing beside me, and I still couldn’t believe it. When I turned my face, my pulse raced at the sight of him tearing. I felt as if my heart was going to burst.

“I only dreamed of you, Hae Jin. And I can’t believe you’re here, in front of me. I feel like I am still dreaming." His voice sounded weak.

I pressed his hand to control my emotions, but it seemed of no use. I could not hold my tears from flowing.

We didn't know how long we stood there for, but it seemed as though all our emotions were rushing out. We had nothing to say, but our hearts were saying a lot.

The unspoken words were the most beautiful.

When I came to my senses, I was finally able to see his face clearly, and I couldn’t believe my eyes seeing that he was 'the' Kim Namjoon! It was really him!

Why didn't his initials, the 'Joonie' that I wrote, register in my head?

I cursed at myself. I still couldn’t believe that I was sitting with one of the BTS members!

I felt betrayed.

I felt like the sky, the trees, the water, the birds chirping were mocking me. It seemed as though my white dress and my painted nails were all mocking me too!

“Hey, are you okay?” he asked.

“Was it all a joke to you?” I asked. He raised his eyebrows. “I loved you sincerely with all my heart. Why did you deceive me and didn’t tell me your biggest secret?” The pain was unbearable. My very own words hurt me.

"Hae Jin, I- I swear it's not that I want to hide it from you but talking to you makes me at ease... you make me forget the person in me that the world perceives. You've made me a better person every single day. I can not even think of hurting you. I love you so much Hae Jin-ah. I'm sorry! Please forgive me..." He took a deep breath, "I- I know it'd be hard for us since I am an idol anyway...’’

My words had hurt him badly. 

I realized I should not have overreacted like that. After all, he was human. Yes, every idol is a human, and he had as much right to love as I did.

"What about Hanum-ssi? Didn't she have feelings for you?" I asked curiously.

"She had a crush on me since we were young and no, this feeling was never hers to begin with," he said it without hesitation.

I hugged him, and whispered, “I love you too...” There was silence between us, neither of us uttering a word.

Both our minds were preoccupied with the thoughts of the harsh realities we faced in this world.

♡♡♡♡
Love is when both are happy together without compromising on who they are. Someone you trust and with whom you want to be with even through the tough times. And you cannot help but be in awe when you look at them. Their eyes smile even in hard times.

****

Namjoon's POV

She was sitting on a bench, catching sight of the beautiful view. I stood behind her because I didn’t dare to see how she would react upon seeing me.

But I knew that she was aware that I was standing behind her. I had to find the courage to face her. When I saw her, I had forgotten of every pain I knew of - the emptiness, the longing - and I couldn’t hold back my tears.

It was a miracle.

She was real, and she was in front of me!

While I calmed down, I was sure she would have guessed who I was by then. She was taking deep breaths and had that doubtful look on her face, as if I had deceived her.

The questions that she raised broke my heart. I felt shivers in my spine as she stared intently with those hurt eyes. But I could understand what she was going through. I knew this was a bit difficult for her to process but we both had to admit that this was our destiny, and we had to swallow the bitter bite of the reality together.

Dear, God! Give her happiness and if sadness still lingers in her eyes, give her whatever happiness is left of mine.

I whispered a silent prayer for her.